Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 10-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas
Default Oscars Bullshit 2018

Yes this thread might be too early but fuck it.

All the Oscar bitches seem to think Spielberg's The Post will be one of the big dogs and while I'll be there opening night (the Beard remains my favorite filmmaker and will eternally have my $15 at the box-office)... this strikes me as another Charlie Wilson's War/Dreamgirls. Too preordained based on the talent and subject matter without a frame of footage on display. We'll see.

Nothing seems to be stirring up a storm in the festival circuits as years past. The Florida Project is great but save for Willem Dafoe in "Best Supporting Actor" (which he will win) and cinematography, not much to see in terms of nominations.

My instinct* is another Picture/Director split with Nolan finally breaking his Spielberg curse for Dunkirk and... Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri for top-prize. Topical given the current climate in Hollywood (plus possible connect-the-dots appeal to the Clinton sore-loser cry-babies) and it's apparently really good. Hopefully we get to see it this coming weekend.

*Wrong 99.9999999999% of the time!
Old 10-28-2017, 10:21 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

There is no doubt in my mind about Dafoe. I love the guy's work, but HOLY SHIT is he good in Florida Project.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 10-28-2017, 10:51 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

And by all accounts, Oldman is winning this year. Day-Lewis will get in because he's Day-Lewis... even if the performance sucks, a la every non-Doubt Streep nomination since 2000.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:54 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Gonna burn someone's house down if Desplat doesn't win for THE SHAPE OF WATER score. Sure, THE LAST JEDI was a huge improvement over THE FORCE AWAKENS but Williams has plenty of awards, Academy. Don't give it to him just because he's John Williams.