Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Machete weilding redneck

blainegarrett can rock until they drop
Default 1st appearence of Gambit - Fuck yeah

My brother has been into ebay for a while now. While hanging out today and remember to ask his dumb ass if he sold my baseball card collection, which my mom said he did years ago. I guess he didn't, but then he started asking me if I wanted to get rid of my comics.

So that got me thinking. I did have some good ones including the complete Phalanx Covenant series (i.e. first apparence Generation X), the complete Age of Apocalypse series (Sugar man - fuck yeah), the complete Fatal Attractions series (ripping out Wolverine's skeleton FTW), the complete Onslaught saga (fuck that series btw), and tons of other comics in between.
Most notably, I have the first appearance of Cable (fuck him) and GAMBIT.

The gambit one really came to mind, so I did some googling figuring it would be worth some $$ since he is going to be in the new Wolverine movie.

Comic Price Guide entry says a mint condition is close to $300
http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-in...cTableID=97387
Then I ran across an article about one selling for $1120 when there were rumors of him appearing in X3. Holy shit. I wish I knew how rare it was.
http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/pu...012:01:00%20PM

Anywho. Pretty rad. Anyone a huge Gambit dork? I'd be willing to part with it
Old 06-29-2008, 12:49 AM
???????

ScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy Blanks

I love Gambit.... he's on my top favorites of Marvel characters, I'm gonna have to pull by boxes of comics out of the attic.... cant even remember what I got.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1
Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

You wouldn't happen to have Deadpool's first appearance? (New Mutants #98) This is like one of the only comics I really need...if you do. I will be willing to drop some dough on you!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Machete weilding redneck

blainegarrett can rock until they drop

I'll look when I get home, but I didn't collect many New Mutants comics. I was never super into deadpool, so I might not have taken notice that much.

I wish omega red would be in the new wolverine movie, because I have the first appearance of him too. Bishop too. fuckies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
You wouldn't happen to have Deadpool's first appearance? (New Mutants #98) This is like one of the only comics I really need...if you do. I will be willing to drop some dough on you!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

I need to catalogue what I have comic wise. I might have that New Mutants. Honestly can't remember.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Who needs a Bloodshot #1 or a Ninjak #0?

haha
Old 06-30-2008, 01:04 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

I've got like 40 Barb Wire #1's.

Hello? Anyone?

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:06 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Also got some X.O. Manowar #1.5's ins tock
Old 06-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Clan Destine #1 with the Gold Foil Cover? Also got like 4 Beavis and Butthead #1's
Old 06-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Elitist

Old 06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
???????

ScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy Blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Who needs a Bloodshot #1 or a Ninjak #0?

haha
Got Bloodshot #1 signed! I'll pull out my boxes of comics some time this week

Old 06-30-2008, 02:15 PM
is ready for turkey

ahha...so do I.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:17 PM
???????

Sweet... High Five!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:45 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Clan Destine??? WTF?

Old 06-30-2008, 02:46 PM
is ready for turkey

I just love the standard superhero pose happening on that cover. That was like 90% of all covers in the 90's.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Elitist

I bought it at Thrifty Drugstore...I came home and I was like oh shit this is going to be worth some serious paper!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
<-----THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
I bought it at Thrifty Drugstore...I came home and I was like oh shit, what the fuck did I just buy?!?!
Yup, that sounds right.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Elitist

Dude I was like 12...
Old 06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
<-----THIS!

Don't worry man, I have every fucking holo-foil-embossed-scracth-n-sniff-colorform-disappearing blood-3-d bullshit comic that was created in the 90s. I feel so ashamed still.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Elitist

I remember getting pissed off at my brother for touching this shit. I almost curb stomped him...instead I stole one of his Beavis and Butthead comics.