Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:34 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default The Walking Dead

is one of the best horror comics out at the moment. Written by Robert Kirkman, it focuses more on the people and what they are going through then actual zombie attacks. I highly recommend that you pick up the first trade to see what I'm talking about. HBO or Showtime needs to make this into a mini-series. It would triumph me thinks.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts
Default Re: The Walking Dead

have you read world war z or listened to the audio book version? it's rather fantastic.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Oh yah. I have the book and have read it a few times already. Same with The Zombie Survival Guide. You should check out Brian Keene's books: The Rising and it's sequel City of the Dead. Those are probably my favorite zombie stories next to the original Romero trilogy.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

i'll see if my borders has it. what about monster island, monster nation, and monster planet by david wellington?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
is ready for turkey

I just finished up Monster Island the other week. It wasn't too bad. Nothing great, but had some cool ideas in it. I guess it started out as a web-novel or something. It's a pretty quick read.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Hmm?

oh cool. i have it, just haven't read it yet. i'm still trying to work through the dark tower series. i have a rule about books: finish the series or the book before i start on anything else.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

I love Zombie shit, but you guys are on another level....where can I find all this info at? Is there some websites to keep me up to date on all things Zombie????
Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Hmm?

i usually get my info from wizard or maxim or when it was around, fhm.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

I subscribe to Maxim, but their shit is limited...I need to get back into Wizard, they had some gems. I almost bought the Zombie Survival Guide the other day but put it back to get a Marvel Civil War book...I regret it now.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:53 AM
is ready for turkey

If you haven't read The Walking Dead, you really should pick up some of the TPB's. The survival guide is great.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Elitist

Yes and yes...probably gonna go check those out today...
Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Hmm?

i felt this belonged in this thread:

bad ass!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Elitist

Is that yours? Where, can I get one....
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Hmm?

no... i wish i had it... i found it here: http://gizmodo.com/367223/zombie-sur...-+-be-prepared. apparently someone is selling it on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260219884201.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:30 AM
is ready for turkey

255 bucks? Eff that. You could build one for way less. In fact, I just may have to do that.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Elitist

Nice collectors piece...however my Glock 17 and Remington 870 will do fine when the Zombies come... >
Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Hmm?

the only thing i have to defend myself against zombies is my wiimote and nunchuck. i guess i could use the ps3 as well since it's heavy as hell. otherwise i have nothing... :-\

i would like to make that but that means i'd have to buy a shotgun and saw off the barrel. that's just too much work for me...
Old 03-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Hmm?

i guess i could just get a glock and place one bullet in the case. one, because if zombies came, i would just kill myself. fuck dealing with zombies. too lazy for that shit.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Elitist

Dude, we can outrun the zombies...plus imagine if you holed up in a mall with some hotties....Nice, imagine the possibilities.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Hmm?

hmm... posibilities ehh? i'm getting it on with a girl, and a zombie comes up from behind me in mid-coitus and eats my brains, cause i was too busy to notice. while getting head, i get really relaxed, close my eyes, and rest my head back... then i feel gnawing and biting, look down, and find the girl dead on the floor and the zombie on my weiner. yah, i think i'd rather just put a bullet between my eyes before i have to deal with nonsense.