Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:38 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Guardians 2. I was hoping that my first time thoughts were due to a mood I was in, but unfortunately that is not the case. There is so much to love in this movie but it's too overstuffed. It needs at least 20-25 mins cut. Easily. Shit drags ass in the middle so goddamn bad. The soundtrack sucks still.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:49 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
Guardians 2. I was hoping that my first time thoughts were due to a mood I was in, but unfortunately that is not the case. There is so much to love in this movie but it's too overstuffed. It needs at least 20-25 mins cut. Easily. Shit drags ass in the middle so goddamn bad. The soundtrack sucks still.
You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one. I get where you're coming from but disagree with pretty much all of it. Still lurve you though bru.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

I prefer Vol. II to Guardians easily.

Best MCU villain evah (There, I said it!), the cast/humor were nicely balanced, Baby Groot wasn't overdone and felt like genuine character growth. One of the few MCU films that still sat with me after it ended. Because of... ya know.

"He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy!"
Old 08-14-2017, 06:24 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER- A devil-possession movie by way of Pulp Fiction. It's creepy but thinks it's more clever than it actually is. The time jumping is confusing for the first half. After that it's obvious what is happening and what's going to happen so the cuts just get annoying.
We watched it like a month ago after seeing a bunch of good reviews. We were left wondering why it got so much praise.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:24 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
It's bad and they wasted Kurt and that's a fucking sin.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:29 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
It's bad and they wasted Kurt and that's a fucking sin.
Yep.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
We watched it like a month ago after seeing a bunch of good reviews. We were left wondering why it got so much praise.
I'm guessing because A24 got behind it and that Don Draper's daughter was pretty good? I was excited for a creepy movie in the vein of THE BABADOOK and it was just ehhhh.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:12 AM
is fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Best MCU villain evah (There, I said it!),

Loki.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
I haven't seen it again yet, but I think we had the same issues. A lot of the film works but it goes into TOO MUCH mode a few times, and the final climactic battle goes on and on forever. I was hoping that a second home viewing would remedy those issues but I'm guessing that I'll feel much like you did.

And yeah, the soundtrack is weaker. We went to Stillwater this past weekend and listened to both soundtracks on the way back. I ended up skipping through about 50% of the Vol 2 soundtrack out of disinterest.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 08-14-2017, 08:21 AM
is fancy

it's just so bloated and having all of them split up just didn't work for me. The best thing the movie did in my opinion was make Nebula less of an annoying character and turning her into someone I actually want to see more of.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
I'm guessing because A24 got behind it and that Don Draper's daughter was pretty good? I was excited for a creepy movie in the vein of THE BABADOOK and it was just ehhhh.
Yeah, Kiernan Shipka really was good in it and I think she can have a career ahead of herself. I thought the same. Expecting Babadook and getting...something else? It reminded me of that Netflix movie, The Pretty Thing In the House (I think?) and how it was not at all what I wanted or expected...except that movie was good.

Quote:
it's just so bloated and having all of them split up just didn't work for me. The best thing the movie did in my opinion was make Nebula less of an annoying character and turning her into someone I actually want to see more of.
Hey let's make a Guardians movie but instead its really 3 different cliques off dealing with nonsense. Yawn.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:05 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Kiernan Shipka was also really good in that FEUD: BETTY AND JOAN mini series on FX. She's got a legit career ahead of her.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 08-14-2017, 09:05 AM
is fancy

On a separate note, The Incredible Hulk movie was on HBO this weekend and it still totally works for me.

ROTH is the goddamn man. His fight with the Hulk at the school is still so awesome. I want the Leader to still show up at some point. Loved that tease.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:36 AM

I rather liked INCREDIBLE HULK as well. It does all that it can to make the character work.

Hulk is a hard character to have lead a film, and the AVENGERS movies have shown how to best utilize him: as a supporting character. The Hulk needs something or someone to guide him and point him in the right direction. He's a force of nature, not a character.
Quote:
Quote: