Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 01-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Benis

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

There really weren't any characters in this latest iteration that had a personality aside from Ned, Pete, and Toombs. Everything else felt like some old man's version of how kids talk.

Keaton was the golden ticket that held what worked together, everything else tried its damnedest to just undermine what was entertaining or interesting.

I was more interested in their dynamic than anything else they crammed in there.

The spectacle in these sorts of movies has gotten so removed from any notion of the physical plane of reality that it has become mind-numbing as a result. I couldn't help but check out each time virtual Tom Holland was flipping around, shitting strings at other computerized forms.

Tony Stark was a lame avenue to push Pete's father problem into and ended up taking away from Toombs and his burgeoning relationship with Pete as WOKE CRIMINAL MASTERMIND DAD. Honestly, that scene in the car deserved to be stretched to encompass much more of the film's conflict than what we got and it gives me the red ass. Instead we got half-assed jokes from Martin Starr and a trip to D.C.

More Keaton, less Benis Barker. Maybe they'll find a balance with the next one? I just didn't get the affection heaped on this attempt.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-10-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 AM
where's the beef?

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Old 01-30-2018, 08:33 AM
where's the beef?

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I'm in. Digging the cool use of the shrinking powers during the chase scenes.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:09 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I thought the first one was a pleasant surprise so I'm on board for this. I'm very happy Michael Pena is back.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:20 AM
Benis

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

That teaser showed way too much.

But I do like that Mikedoug gets more time in the show.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:19 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Yep. Taking my niece to see this. Kid's gonna be all fangirling about the Wasp and stuff.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:31 PM
where's the beef?

Old 02-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Please be good please be good please be good
Old 02-13-2018, 08:48 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Black Panther: if you never read one of his books in the last 50 years, this must seem amazing. If you have read his stuff, then itís literally the only movie they couldíve made. If this film was any safer, it would be the first X-Men movie.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Shut up, crime!

But it's still good, right?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:17 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
But it's still good, right?
Amazing visuals with a very average plot. Far less jokey than most MCU entries.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 AM
Benis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
Black Panther: if you never read one of his books in the last 50 years, this must seem amazing. If you have read his stuff, then itís literally the only movie they couldíve made. If this film was any safer, it would be the first X-Men movie.
Ehhhhhhhh

Klaw doesn't even have his costume or his sonic cup and ball, but there are TWO panthers jumpin' around?

ZERO BUYS
Old 02-13-2018, 10:14 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
Ehhhhhhhh

Klaw doesn't even have his costume or his sonic cup and ball, but there are TWO panthers jumpin' around?

ZERO BUYS
It plays like someone downgraded the Hudlin run, while trying to make an Afrofuturist utopia make sense in the MCU.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:26 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

That being said, the praise for the film seems to be more about sticking it to detractors rather than this movie working. There are great elements in this film. It just bungles the execution so much.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:29 AM
Benis

Shades of Wonder Woman all over again.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:31 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
Shades of Wonder Woman all over again.
Exactly. The difference being is that Coogler did enough legwork that whomever handles the sequel will knock it out of the park.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:46 AM
where's the beef?

I'm still pumped to see this. It just looks like it will be neat to look at at the very least,