Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:18 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

It's on sale right now, that's why I grabbed it. I went searching for when it was coming to Switch and I found an interview where one of the programmers said the engine basically went on fire when they tried to port it, and the version of Unity they used is more or less incompatible with the Switch. So they're working on it, but they had no idea when it may be ready. It was supposed to release Q1 2018 for Switch.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:22 PM
THE DREAM

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

It would fucking kill on a handheld.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:28 PM
is confused as balls

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Is this game a pick up and play for a few mins game or a time sink type game?
Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 PM
THE DREAM

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

The way the dungeons are built, it feels a bit like Chrono Trigger, albeit with a "try your luck on a higher difficulty" option if you want to go back in for better stuff. The average time for those is anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour on an initial run. But you can always stop at anytime.

The open world map is akin to Mario 3, where you can explore and jump into fights on the road if you want, but for the most part, I'd say it will sink its hooks into you if you like the combat system/are a loot whore extraordinaire.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Yeah, it has pretty well defined places to stop whenever you want.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Looking at a guide for Zelda I guess I just need to dick around in the world for a while and it will give me the second mission. Bitch, I ain't running around a dangerous world with just a stick and a t-shirt. I'll explore once I have a proper sword and clothing beyond the decent pants I found.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:48 AM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

So many easter eggs in the Croft Manor DLC from Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:23 PM
is confused as balls

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

What was the deal with the music video you posted?
Old 01-11-2018, 04:31 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

The music was from Tomb Raider II. Wanted to send the video to my brother and sister to see if they recognized it.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:27 PM
is confused as balls

ah, nice!
Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 AM
is confused as balls

bought Civ V last night. Refunded it within 10 mins because it didn't want to run on Windows 10 properly on my machine. Tried a bunch of fixes but no go.

Any of you fucks play Civ VI? I've never really played any of these but I finally got bit by the bug and the one that is apparently the best didn't work...
Old 01-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Fleshlight King

Civ VI is alright. It's totally good, it just never hit me with the bug like V did. But the expansion just came out and may fix that.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:22 AM
is confused as balls

did you ever play those space Civ games? are those fun?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:30 AM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

Played a ton of Civ V, do not currently own VI but saw its $12 as the humblebundle monthly offer with 2 DLC included so have been seriously considering grabbing it. Haven't tried the space one but a buddy of mine loves it/those types
Old 01-12-2018, 11:39 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejo View Post
Played a ton of Civ V, do not currently own VI but saw its $12 as the humblebundle monthly offer with 2 DLC included so have been seriously considering grabbing it. Haven't tried the space one but a buddy of mine loves it/those types
Saw the same deal and was tempted to hop on it.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 01-12-2018, 11:57 AM
is confused as balls

Think I'm gonna grab that CIV 6 bundle for 12 bucks then cancel my sub. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
did you ever play those space Civ games? are those fun?
Terrible. Added a bunch of pain in the ass mechanics that just made the game slower.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:40 PM
is confused as balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Battle Chasers: Nightwar OWNS. At first I thought it was more of a Grandia style game, but there's a lot of Darkest Dungeon in there. It's the right amount of difficult, and requires being smart about your planning, abilities, and especially your money. I wish it was on Switch, because it is literally the perfect Switch game, but otherwise it's so fucking good.
Grabbed this for 9 bucks at Target today. Looking forward to playing it.

Civ VI is currently taking up my time. Digging it.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Yes, Farpoint plays immensely better with the Aim controller than a DualShock. It's a rather straightforward game but the environments are pretty cool and it's fun shooting stuff. I got to the first big boss this morning but didn't have time to finish the fight. They do a good job of introducing one new enemy at a time but they throw the kitchen sink at you when it's time to throw down against a boss.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:35 AM
is confused as balls

watched Ceej play a bunch of Skyrim VR last night. Looks neat. Still playing a bunch of Civ VI.