Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > Podcasts > PodCaust

PodCaust The place to discuss past episodes of PodCaust. NEVAR 4GET!

Old 07-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Ari sounded like Cronkite's double-y chromosome cabanna lady-boy.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Dumb=mute, in the context of the question, by the way. Forgot I posted so many questions.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Robocop 2. I saw this as a kid, because the first one was so badass to me.

I actually thought Kane's transformation scene into RC2 was awesome. I wanted a toy of the dude, complete with the brain/eye case. I can't believe you cried about it. It was silly even back then.

I guess I was just raised on hardcore shit. Momz was hardcore.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I was one fucking sheltered kid...thanks ma!

Plus, I wasn't expecting that at all. Something about the eyes freaked me the fuck out. Oh yeah, THEY WERE JUST FLOATING THERE.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

There was some connective tissue. The surgeons must have been the A-Team of surgeons. How they got his brain, spinal column, and eyes out of his Nuked-out body is a science fiction unto itself.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Either way. That movie's tone was all over the place. I love it now, but it caught me off guard, especially since my uncle said it was a kids' movie. I was not expecting it.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Right meow!

Definately not a kids movie. Very brutal deaths/mutilations/surgerys/old men in hot tubs.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

This is all true.

Tonally, it seems like the predecessor to Miller's more batshit crazy tone-shifts.

Latest experiment in off-the-fucking-wall tonal shifts? The Spirit.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
getting ready for summer

Which I heard sucks apparently? At least the footage they showed at SDCC08. I can't wait to check it out. Never read an issue of The Spirit in my life, so I have no preexisting notions of what it should be.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

It sounds like the biggest disaster since Jabba the Hanks and Rat-puppet Ryan's movies.

But with a Nazi Sam Jackson, and women with writing on their faces.

And shitty wirework on a digital backlot, and awful pulp dialogue.

Yes, I am a fan of The Spirit. No, Frank Miller should not be handling the property.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 AM
getting ready for summer

And yet I'm compelled to see it.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

I am too. But the downside is that there won't be any new fans, or at least fans that like the actual character.

Fuck what a jackknifed trailer (pun intended).
Old 07-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

I'm loving the wrestling talk...I was never a big fan but followed it closely because my cousin was hardcore into it. I went to so many events and had great times...I gotta find my picture with Trish Stratus...

Also I'll share the Pokemon love...I was like in 8th grade/freshmen year when this was out. My Charizard was fucking awesome...I still have a huge snorlax stuffed animal I won for my wife at a carnival when we were dating.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Dude my fucking kids loved Robocop...all three of them. The movie that I completely screwed them up with was Rambo, big mistake on my part.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Shoulda just skipped to part two on that one. Mindless, senseless, and sometimes cartoony violence there. No heavy subject matter at all to deal with.

Or just skip to the awesome Weird Al parody in UHF.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-29-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Elitist

Jason turned into a douche bag...he's got flip flops and a puka shell necklace...too fucking hilarious.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Elitist

CJ secretly listens to T-Pain...you gotta love his hats...

Old 07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

As I was listening to this I was all excited to jump on here and give you guys shit about liking the Pokeymans...and then you started in on the wrestling discussion and I realized how much of that shit I actually remember.

Gangrel was the vampire guy who joined up with Edge and Christian to start The Brood. It was so stupid but when they did the bloodbath thing they used a LOT of fake blood, which was kind of gross. And then Farooq and Bradshaw because the Acolytes. They were bad-ass, just beating the shit out of everyone. That bit was the start of the return of the Undertaker, who had been out on an injury or something. That story culminated with Stephanie McMahon being crucified on the Undertaker's symbol and him trying to marry her. So weird. After that, the Acolytes dropped the 7th-grade demon-worshipping nonsense and became the Acolyte Protection Agency. They still beat the shit out of everyone but sat around drinking beer and playing poker instead of doing Gothic Dance nonsense.

The big black guy with the mohawk was named Mabel. He had really fucked up contact lenses that freaked me out.

And Mae Young is still around. They trot her out at the occasional PPV event as the crazy, horny old lady. It's sad and gross.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
getting ready for summer

HAha. nice. I remember the Stephanie Wedding plot. Good stuff. I'm glad you were man enough to man up about the WWF (fuck WWE, stupid Wild Life Federation BS).
Old 07-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Oh, also, there is no shame in admitting to liking that first Hell in a Cell match between Mankind and Undertaker. That shit is EPIC. EPIC, I say! I still have that King of the Ring tape here somewhere. If only I had a VCR.

And ICP started out as tag partners in WCW but I think they moved to WWF when WCW was bought out.