Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Technology and other nerd stuff

Technology and other nerd stuff Are you a fan of tech? Do you have a cellphone attached to your hip? Maybe a bluetooth headset? Post about tech stuff here.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default Favorite Podcasts besides ours?

Post em here.  Always on the look out for new shit to listen to while I'm working.

The guys from Digg.  Not the longest podcasts out there, but usually entertaining.

The Fanboys: A pretty entertaining podcast involving videogames

Press A to Join: Fuck Brian but Tim is cool

SModcast: Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier's podcast.  Always fucking entertaining.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:05 PM

crafto is out of the goo and is waiting for pickup
Default Crafto gets lifted.

You knew this was coming.

The Lifted Music Podcast, I would say is a must listen for any Drum and Bass fan. Unfortunately, they don't make it very easy to give you a direct link to downloads. The bloody wankers.

The easiest is probably on their Myspace @ http://www.myspace.com/wearelifted.
Alternatively, this forum(requires registration) post has download links for all of them: http://www.liftedmusic.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1619.
If you are an iTunes user (ew), use this: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=257457218.

I deem this to be 'cool shit'; lots of new, unreleased tracks that melt my face. Unfortunately they are touring now and have been lax on updates.

I grew up a fucking screwup.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:12 PM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default Re: Favorite Podcasts besides ours?

I'll vouch for Lifted if only for the song "1-up". Fucking greatness.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff Headcheese
I'll vouch for Lifted if only for the song "1-up". Fucking greatness.
Rob requested that I mention where you can hear the '1up' track. It's on episode 002, starts getting mixed in @~ 25:15 runs until 27:40. And on episode 006 it starts getting mixed in @ 21.30 runs until 24:05.

002 - http://podcast.liftedmusic.com/podca...s_Renegade.mp3
006 - http://podcast.liftedmusic.com/podca...s_Renegade.mp3

If you're feeling especially dirty let me know and I'll send a copy of the vinyl rip your way.

Enjoy.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM

Incidentally, when the Lifted guys say "podcast" in their snazzy British accent, it sounds an awful lot like "podcaust" to me.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:53 PM
back to sleep

Cj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The Fahey

I like the ricky gervais podcasts although you have to pay for some of them.
Also i dig smodcast and the best show on wfmu
Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 AM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ
I like the ricky gervais podcasts although you have to pay for some of them.
Also i dig smodcast and the best show on wfmu
For some reason Cj I wouldn't picture you being a fan of Ricky Gervais.....
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
feels good man

That's cause he's racist against the Brits. Right Cj?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Machete weilding redneck

blainegarrett can rock until they drop

http://vomitusprime.com - fucking awesome
Old 03-09-2008, 03:23 PM
back to sleep

Cj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The Fahey

ricky gervais is awsome i love the old xfm radio show....go find that shit! carl pilkinton is hilarious.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

The special, free holiday podcasts Gervais and Co. did in '06 were hilarious. I think they might still be on the iTunes.

I listen to 1up Yours every week. That's a good video game podcast. Bettenhausen isn't even as Sony-insane anymore. There are some good KCRW and KEXP podcasts, too.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:21 PM
BARGAINS

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Oh yes. KEXP is the kind of station that should be REQUIRED in every area of the United States. Fucking northwest and their cool stuff.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
feels good man

Word.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:43 AM

Madcatz7 is out of the goo and is waiting for pickup

Diggnation FTW
Just started listening to Nobody Likes Onion. Listen to a sample clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pLSriKf_yQ

Its fucking brilliant.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 AM
feels good man

diggnation is okay. They seem to be getting shorter and shorter. I wish Alex would get his own podcast, and no, I don't count The Totally Rad Show. Those other two guys annoy the piss outta me.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:29 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

I listen to one podcast and one podcast alone....

Press A to Join.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:36 AM
feels good man

Haha. I think they may have given up. He hasn't updated in ages.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Eh, Podcaust is actually the only 'cast I've ever listened to ever. I didn't even know what one was until you guys showed me the light.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
feels good man

Haha. Nice!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
feels good man

And because you listened you get to work on being as cool as Brian Dennehy!