Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 05-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas
Default MAD MAX FURY ROAD - SPOILERS

THIS DESERVES ITS OWN GODDAMN THREAD FILLED WITH TAIKO DRUMMERS AND FLAME THROWING GUITARS AND FAT LADIES MILKING THEIR TITTIES AND GODDAMN SCALES OF JUSTICE DUMPING TWO MACHINE GUNS INTO THE FUCKING NIGHT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MUST SEE THIS SHIT AGAIN
Old 05-15-2015, 09:59 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Spray paint beserking is now a thing.

I love you, George Miller.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
Spray paint beserking is now a thing.

I love you, George Miller.
I LIVE I DIE I LIVE AGAIN

I WILL DELIVER YOU TO VALHALLA MYSELF

SILVER COLGATE MOUTHWASH AND MATCHING COLT REVOLVER
Old 05-15-2015, 11:50 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

I wish they'd held a bit longer on Immortan when he had his face pulled off. That was glorious.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:50 PM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
I wish they'd held a bit longer on Immortan when he had his face pulled off. That was glorious.
Indeed. It didn't warrant such a quick cut. Everything else in that movie lingers.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:14 PM
My wife's son

Fuck man. Second time went by in a flashfire of glorious guzzeline.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:26 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Caught it early this afternoon and was completely blown away by it. The plot is simple and easy to follow, with strong concern for a lot of the characters from me - I was praying Furiosa's plan was going to work, hoping she was gonna save the girls, and the anguish when she got the reveal about the Green Place. Also, loved Nux's face turn/attempt at redemption (great character theme for both him and Furiosa), and wanted him and Capable to get a happy ending (sorry, Nux!).

Love, love, love this flick. Plus, I learned that

=
Old 05-16-2015, 05:29 PM
My wife's son

Not only that, but his javelin brother was Stryker in the First Class feelms.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:38 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Caught that. Also, I swear I saw that little dude with the telescope somewhere before.

And Immortan's look is gonna be all over the place after this weekend. Memes, artwork, etc. So will silver spray paint huffing.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:40 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

not reading anything in here, just saying that I cannot wait to see this tomorrow!
Old 05-16-2015, 05:40 PM
My wife's son

Ya know who was really fuckin' cool?

That crazy old seed keeper lady in the Many Mothers tribe. I wish my grandma was that fuckin' righteous.

"Mudullahs" got popped and dropped.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:17 PM
My wife's son

Rob. See it now. Rob.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:41 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

tomorrow at 12:45 in ROB-O-VISION. CANNOT WAIT.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:02 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Almost went the Rob-O-Vision route myself, but something told me to hold back. Will probably see it again soon with my bro-in-law, when Rob-O-Vision WILL be in full effect, son.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:01 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

At this moment, I hope, both Grave and Rob are losing their Fury Road cherry. Huzzah to both!!!

Old 05-17-2015, 01:26 PM
My wife's son

The only shots that seemed to even have a gimmick-made call to them were really the Max freakouts and the guitar/steering wheel flying after the canyon gets jammed.

Heard Miller was using 3D chips at the beginning but then was like "Fack it m8, 2D the rest of the way. Let those seppo cunts squirm at the post-processing farm."
Old 05-17-2015, 02:37 PM
is fancy

Dug this pretty hard. Hardy played Max so goddamn weird. Charlize was the mvp. The 3d was lacking which was a bummer but it wasn't dark or anything. Just not much depth to most shots. Chase scenes were awesome, Immortan's death was great (way too quick though), the huffing was hilarious, and that scene where Max and the War Boy (didn't catch most people's names in this as the dialogue seemed quiet/garbled in our showing) were spitting gas to gain speed was the shit. Loved the women clan and the weird shit like the dudes on stilts in the desert,Bullet Tooth Tony, guitarist, etc..
Old 05-17-2015, 02:39 PM
My wife's son

Old 05-17-2015, 03:34 PM
is fancy

Quote:
Ya know who was really fuckin' cool?

That crazy old seed keeper lady in the Many Mothers tribe. I wish my grandma was that fuckin' righteous.

"Mudullahs" got popped and dropped.
yeah, those women were fucking great. Did this tie into Thunderdome?
Old 05-17-2015, 04:28 PM
My wife's son

Not sure.

Seems more like a clean-slate sort of thing, with the constants being Max, his failure early on to save his family and others along the way, and the world already being eye-deep in shit.

Felt like a natural evolution of the premise, but I'm not so sure it really makes a hard line on keeping to a strict mythos. I mean, if it did, Max would be well over a hundred years old by now.