Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:18 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default What are your top 20 movies?

This thread asks the question: WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 20 MOVIES THAT YOU CAN WATCH NO MATTER WHAT AND QUALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING JUST 20 MOVIES THAT YOU CAN PUT IN AND ALWAYS BE ENTERTAINED?

Also, for me this encapsulates what Podcaust/BDR is about for me.

In no order...
  1. Dawn of the Dead (70's/2k's)
  2. Hackers
  3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  4. The Empire Strikes Back
  5. Sin City - MARV SEQUENCE ONLY
  6. American Movie
  7. The Thing
  8. Night of the Living Dead (60s/90s)
  9. The Devil's Rejects
  10. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
  11. WarGames
  12. First Blood
  13. The Fifth Element
  14. Ghostbusters
  15. Friday the 13th Part IV
  16. The Lawnmower Man
  17. The Monster Squad
  18. Shaun of the Dead
  19. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  20. Reservoir Dogs

I have a feeling this will be edited at some point (as tomorrow I'll kick my own ass for forgetting some movie I LOVE AND OMG IT'S THE GREATEST), but off the top of my head if I had to choose only 20 movies to watch over and over these are the ones.

What are yours?
Old 03-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Oh Jesus. I need to think about this.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

It's tough. I tried not to think too hard, but I just know that tonight I'll wake up in the middle of the night and go "HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THAT ONE?!"
Old 03-31-2014, 08:23 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Good lord, 20?!?! I struggle with my top 5, let alone thinking about 10. But 20! That's take a little bit of time.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:54 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

1. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
2. Once Upon a Time in the West
3. Coal Miner's Daughter
4. Bad Day at Black Rock
5. Slap Shot
6. The World According to Garp
7. Halloween
8. Raging Bull
9. Forbidden Zone
10. The Last Picture Show
11. Up
12. Jackie Brown
13. Cape Fear (can I count both versions?)
14. I Bombed Pearl Harbor
15. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters
16. American Splendor
17. Night of the Hunter
18. The Cannonball Run
19. Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
20. Rushmore

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:55 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

TOP DON'T JUDGE ME 20 (no order):

The Last Boyscout
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Predator
Endless Summer II
Robert Cop
Freaked
Super Troopers
Back to the Future
Big Trouble in Little China
Ghostbusters
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Trading Places
Beautiful Girls
Blazing Saddles
Shern of the Derd
Gross Pointe Blank
Black Dynamite
Mortal Kombat
Tombstone
Duck Soup

These are the films I have seen so many fucking times I have lost count and yet would call for in times of great strife.

They are my Chicken Soup for the Soleil Moon Frye. I submit them for no one's approval, but for everyone's scrutiny and catty commentary. I am a real American. Hulk Hogan ain't got shit on me.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-31-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:38 PM
getting ready for summer

Nice fucking lists guys. Commentary to come later
Old 03-31-2014, 09:40 PM
getting ready for summer

BUT FUCK HOW DID I NOT HAVE FREAKED GODDAMMIT. OR BOGUS JOURNEY?! FUCK.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 PM
getting ready for summer

Also, counting both versions is permitted haha.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:49 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
BUT FUCK HOW DID I NOT HAVE FREAKED GODDAMMIT. OR BOGUS JOURNEY?! FUCK.
I feel the same way about my omission of Return of the Living Dead.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:34 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Big trouble in Little China
Open Range
Rocky (The first and the last are sweet spots for me so not sure if counts as two entries)
Fast Five
Slap Shot is so fucking legit Anderson so yeah
Cool Hand Luke
Nobody's Fool (yeah, love Love LOVE Newman)
Die Hard
Breakfast Club (I know some hate it but zero fucks)
Bourne Identity
Tombstone
Princess Bride
Blood Sport (KIIIIIYAH)
Point Break
Lonesome Dove (A TV miniseries but fuck it I'm counting it)
Highlander
Braveheart
Top Gun
The Outsiders
Karate Kid

These are my movies, there are many like them, but these are mine.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:25 AM
getting ready for summer

I'm loving this so far. Since we've been on BDR so long these lists are like perfect representations of who you fuckers are to me. PERFECT.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 AM
getting ready for summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
I feel the same way about my omission of Return of the Living Dead.
I had that on my list but replaced it with The Devil's Rejects because I already had like 4 zombie flicks.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 AM
getting ready for summer

I'm mad at myself for not putting on True Romance or Jackie Brown but I still think I enjoy Dogs a bit more for an entertaining flick.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Princess Bride is a good pull, B.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:39 AM
getting ready for summer

Point Break and Die Hard. Fuck yeah.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:55 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

OK, these are our Top 20 I can watch this at anytime and never get bored of it movies, right?

1. The Godfather
2. Star Wars Ep IV A New Hope
3. Tombstone
4. Die Hard
5. Big Trouble In Little China
6. Shaun of the Dead
7. Last Boy Scout
8. Brick
9. Hellboy
10. Willow
11. The Dark Knight
12. 500 Days of Summer
13. Seven Samurai
14. A Fistful of Dollars (Seriously had a hard time picking which Eastwood western to include, Josey Wales and Good Bad and Ugly could go here too)
15. Evil Dead 2
16. The Big Lebowski
17. Raiders of the Lost Ark (seriously, this might be the only movie that still gives me chills)
18. 2 Fast 2 Furious
19. Time and Tide (Tsui Hark is the fucking MAN)
20. Fish Story

Look forward to editing this a million times.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
I'm mad at myself for not putting on True Romance or Jackie Brown but I still think I enjoy Dogs a bit more for an entertaining flick.
True Romance or Jackie Brown could definitely get a spot on my list as well. Maybe for 2F2F or Willow.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:58 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

(Cracks knuckles)

In no particular order, cause I loves 'em all...

1. The Godfather 1 & 2 (fuck #3, honestly.)
2. Jaws
3. Tombstone
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Lord of the Rings (any film in the trilogy - if it's on, I'm watching)
6. Sin City
7. Full Metal Jacket
8. Hellraiser
9. Jackie Brown (Bridget Fonda. Oh, hells yeah)
10. Spider-Man 2 (or the first Spidey film. Either or, but #2 took it up quite a notch)
11. Star Wars (Original Trilogy. To phooey with the prequels)
12. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (I loves me some Raiders, but this one sticks with me more)
13. Freaked (Oh, FUCK yes! STUEY GLUCK!)
14. Predator (Arnold in his prime)
15. Once Upon A Time in America
16. Goodfellas
17. Casino
18. Avengers (pretty much any and all Marvel Studios flicks would do, but Avengers has nestled itself in mah geeky heart)
19. Robocop
20. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Old 04-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Man, 20 movies are hard to pick. So with the same caveats as everyone else...

1. The French Connection
2. Die Hard
3. A New Hope
4. Jackie Brown
5. Robocop
6. Ghostbusters
7. Last Crusade
8. Hot Fuzz
9. Super Troopers
10. anchorman
11. Spider-Man 2
12. Excellent Adventure
13. Jurassic Park
14. Die Hard With a Vengeance (yeah, two Die Hards. dealwithit.gif)
15. Career Opportunities
16. Full Metal Jacket
17. The Great Escape
18. Elm Street 3 (marionette trumps all)
19. The Departed
20. THE ROCK