Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

It'll be a Japan-only, uh, release.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

I remember there being a site Jeff Gerstmann touted that shipped such various and sundry items direct.

I can't remember the name now. DAMN IT.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
I remember there being a site Jeff Gerstmann touted that shipped such various and sundry items direct.

I can't remember the name now. DAMN IT.
Super Potato's sister shop, Mega Orifice
Old 11-14-2013, 08:20 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
It's not a larger issue. The firmware is just coming in hot as fuck. PS3 Bluray was a selling point. PS4 it's not.
Here's the thing with that.

1) I feel that this is a patchable thing that will be fixed fast and easy.

2) I know how Sony is feeling about physical media and they're cooling on most of their home entertainment division.

So, I'm of two minds on the matter.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:53 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

woooooooooooo
Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Awesome man. Totes jelly. I got an update on my Xbone games today and I was so excited.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:11 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

not going to lie though, kinda sad I'm not going to be waiting in line. It was always fun and exciting to do that whole spiel for each console.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Oh man, that Play Room demo on Jimmy Fallon last night was awesome. Now I kinda want one.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Shut up, crime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Awesome man. Totes jelly. I got an update on my Xbone games today and I was so excited.
Only one week to Xbonin'. I'm getting pretty pumped. Although I haven't decided if sitting at my front door waiting for the ups guy will be more difficult than getting up at 3am to go freeze my ass off outside a store.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:21 AM
getting ready for summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Oh man, that Play Room demo on Jimmy Fallon last night was awesome. Now I kinda want one.
Ice-T kicking that fucker at the screen was great.

I know it's a lame tech demo but I'm grabbing the camera so I can do some BDRcade episodes until I get my new PC.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Fleshlight King

The only console I ever stood in line for was the 360. I got the very last one in the store. The PS2 I waited for the Gran Turismo bundle like everyone else. The xbox I worked at Best Buy and just kept one in the back. Before that systems weren't tough to get. My grandma pre-ordered the N64 and Playstation for me at a Babbage's and I just walked in and grabbed mine.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:13 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

I still remember waiting in line and picking up Legend of Zelda from KB Toys.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Earliest console I got at launch was a PS2. Rented one at blockbuster, and then it was "stolen." Actually worked out cheaper for me I think, I only paid the deposit, which was the price of the PS2, plus the rental fee, but they gave you 2 controllers, so I basically got a controller free, and a nice carrying case.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:48 PM
getting ready for summer

did the launches for the 64, dreamcast, xbox, gamecube, wii, wiiu, and the 3ds.

always fun. Gamecube was my favorite I think. Drunk off my ass at a wallmart for like 6 hours and we just made fun of people so we felt better about ourselves for sitting in a walmart trying to buy a nintendo product.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:09 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

I am sad that I can't afford either system. I am not sad at the thought of having to wait in line for one.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Fleshlight King

Back up on Amazon. Glad my credit card is at home.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:41 PM
getting ready for summer

yep. Kinda love this thing so far.

After a rocky start in regards to the display not working (thank god for the usb update and the fact I had an extra tv), I've been playing for about 5 hours straight. The Social aspects are set up pretty fucking awesomely, the downloading/installing has been fixed and is much faster than the PS3, the controller is fucking ACES and puts that shitty fucking dualshock to shame, and the sharing stuff is easy and pretty neat.

Killzone is fucking GORGEOUS but only finished 2 missions. Can't speak of it's campaign yet.

AC4 is BEAUTIFUL and those open seas are memorizing.

Resogun is DOPE and is up there with Geometry Wars and Stardust in terms of replayability and addictiveness.

Haven't tried Contrast yet as I'm saving that for Lesley since she loves puzzle games.

Got the camera (free with credit at gamestop) for twitch streams (possibly one tomorrow) and the built in tech demo is totally neat if not compltely pointless after an hour of fucking around. But it's perfect to show friends the potential of it if used right. Voice commands are a bit better than the 360 in my opinion but I've always had problems with them on my 360. Jealous of the Xbox One guys if only for the insandity and p90x stuff they get but hopefully once we have a house I'll have one of those badboys.

Looking forward to what Sony has instore.

Also looking forward to you Xbox adopters to post in your thread so we can both be a tad jealous of each other.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:07 PM
getting ready for summer

Watched Lesley play Contrast for like 2 hours. Totally her type of game, me however, not so much.

Remote Play works pretty well considering I have shit for wireless here. Not a system seller, but a system perk if you already have a Vita.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 PM
getting ready for summer

Lesley digs it.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:48 PM
It's All A Deep End

PHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandasPHEDG is a god amongst pandas

Fahey looks enthused.