Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:25 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Anybody know if Xcom 2 on PS4 is a worthy port?
Old 10-13-2016, 01:22 PM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

It sounds like it is. The only issue is lack of mods.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:28 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Meh, never played the PC version so I won't miss mods.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:37 PM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

True. I'm gonna grab it on PS4 once it's like 20-30 bucks.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:05 PM
feels good man

Old 10-13-2016, 06:02 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

I liked this. A lot. Nice job!
Old 10-14-2016, 07:10 AM
feels good man

Thanks Tim!!
Old 10-14-2016, 10:06 AM
RIP Ferg

If anybody wants Call of Duty: IW beta codes let me know, they gave friend codes.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:35 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I love that the package grab is making it onto game site highlight reels. (I'm a total heel and haven't watched the NOES video yet. Sorry, Rob.)
Old 10-21-2016, 08:38 AM
feels good man

Old 10-21-2016, 02:09 PM
RIP Ferg

Fucking amazing that made it. So great. You practically made PSVR a damned commercial with that video.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I watched that NOES let's play video and now think it's the only way those video should be done. I even learned something! (That bit about the nursery rhyme.) and that pop-up when you died got me every time. Dammit.

But that game doesn't seem very good. I don't really understand how arbitrary it is. Why can you jump on some enemies but not others that appear stompable? And why are some immune to fists or projectiles? So weird.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:23 PM
feels good man

Hey thanks for that man! Glad you dug it!!! I'm not sure if this would work for every game, but anything not streamed live will be done in this way. I had a lot of fun editing it. Glad you learned something as well! The game isn't good but I also played like shit that playthrough. I could have done better. At the moment I'm gearing up for a F13 run. Probably be my next BDRcade video.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:31 PM
Shut up, crime!

Another question - do you get anything from the ads that played in the middle? I watched them all the way through just in case. But if you dont, I'm going to skip through them in the future.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:54 PM
feels good man

technically, yeah. However, in order for me to make any money I'd need like hundreds of thousands of views. That video is currently at 64 views which considering how much time I put in to it makes me a bit sad. That being said, I didn't know there were ads that played in the middle. I'll remove that shit because I hate middle ads.

I "made" like 3 bucks from my "Grab my nuts VR" video and that has almost 5k views.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:19 PM
Shut up, crime!

Yeah, it was like a TV show. There was a commercial around 10 minutes in and then another that played around 15 minute. I figured they weren't placed by you since they kind of popped up in the middle of sentences.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:08 AM
feels good man

we recorded over an hour of me playing RE7 in VR with a webcam on me.

Ceej didn't realize that he needed to make sure I was in frame AND close to my mic which is a bummer because he got me good a few times. \

I didn't know I wasn't either of those things until like 45 mins in.

I will go through footage and see if there is anything worth salvaging.

ugh and lol to the fact I need a goddamn producer who sets this shit up and pays attention haha. I WAS IN VR AND COULDN'T GODDAMMIT ahhaha
Old 01-28-2017, 05:16 PM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

Ceej noooooooooooooooo
Old 01-30-2017, 06:17 PM
feels good man

Ok, so there were a bunch of issues with this recording, not all are CEEJ related.

1. The webcam we used is legit for apparently recording live, NOT SO MUCH for recording via xsplit. I just did some google fu and this microsoft piece of shit is known for lag/delay. So because I embedded the camera into the game play footage, there is no way for me to compensate for that. That's on me and that sucks. That means when I turn my head on the video, the same movement doesn't translate in game. It obviously did when we played, but not when I'm editing. There is no fixing that with my current footage. I don't know how I would get that to work to be honest now. I don't have the money nor the free time to spend working this out. I could still record us playing, but no live footage of my head/freak outs. Which kind of defeats the point I think. Will need to look into this more.

2. Ceej is indeed to blame for not making sure I was near the mic however. Most of the audio is borked because of that, but because of problem 1, it's a moot point.

3. Near the end of the playthrough I was experiencing extreme VR wobble and I kept asking Ceej if I was facing the TV (i.e. the PS4 camera). He said sort of, which I took to mean "sort of". Instead I am completely facing him for like 20 mins of the playthrough. That being said, I'm in the wrong for
expecting him to know this....or something. haha.

So it's a bummer this didn't work this time, BUT, with the new knowledge I MAY be able to get this to work. I just need to figure out a system to record my fucking face live because right now the webcam I have just won't cut it. Oh well, live and learn and all that jazz. Hopefully with my first real paycheck I'll try to buy some new equipment to fix this so if you want footage of me losing my shit, you'll have to bug Lesley to video me via her phone when I'm not aware of her doing it.

Sorry guys, I'd love to use this footage, but it just won't work. SUCKS because we had some fucking funny commentary and it sucks to lose it all. :/
Old 08-01-2017, 03:49 PM
feels good man

Gearing up to start streaming on the regular again. Probably going to stream a bit tonight. not sure of what yet.