Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Sports

Sports Shit, we don't do sports. Unless you count ultimate ninja death frisbee. Rob is all over that.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:32 PM
massing near Sullust

Bobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurts
Default Euro 2012

I know I've taken the regular football thread for granted this past season. I didn't say "I love you" enough times, etc, etc. But I'm watching Germany vs. Portugal right now -- waiting for the goal this game so desperately needs -- and it got me thinking the time is right for this thread.

Netherlands vs. Denmark was a cracking game earlier, with a very hard-fought 1-0 win for the Danes the surprising outcome. It was great stuff, packed with excitement and drama. Now the tannoy is warning that the Germany/Portugal game may be abandoned if the German supporters don't stop throwing missiles onto the pitch.

Football, eh? Discuss... if it pleases you.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:33 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

If you mean soccer just say soccer.

J/K Bobby, I promise no more shenanigans
Old 06-09-2012, 05:32 PM
massing near Sullust

Bobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurts

Haha, no worries, mate! I was happy to see a reply! Plus, I did contemplate doing the whole football/soccer thing so I sort of walked into it.

If anything, I thought describing the Danes' slender 1-0 win over the Dutch as "cracking" would have been the source of any jocularity.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:10 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

I wish I could discuss futbol with you in depth but I honestly don't know shit other than the basic rules. I know it takes a shit ton of skill & cardio.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

My main problem with enjoying football* is this: faking injuries with Shatneresque acting (though it ain't as bad on high level soccer). And lack of goals. sports aren't supposed to remain at 0-0.

Beside that, it's a cool sport. I had a Romanian ex whose father loved that shit, so I tuned in. Turns out the Romanians, as in most things in life, sucks at it.

But the vuvuzelas? Holy hell, no one can bitch that the USA are bombing people and torturing them in black ops prisons from now on, cause the rest of the world are doing the same to billions of innocents with these instruments from hell.

*Really, it makes no sense to call American football "football", while soccer is only played with the foot, and American football ain't that much.... but still...
Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 AM
RIP Ferg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
My main problem with enjoying football* is this: faking injuries with Shatneresque acting (though it ain't as bad on high level soccer). And lack of goals. sports aren't supposed to remain at 0-0.

Beside that, it's a cool sport. I had a Romanian ex whose father loved that shit, so I tuned in. Turns out the Romanians, as in most things in life, sucks at it.

But the vuvuzelas? Holy hell, no one can bitch that the USA are bombing people and torturing them in black ops prisons from now on, cause the rest of the world are doing the same to billions of innocents with these instruments from hell.

*Really, it makes no sense to call American football "football", while soccer is only played with the foot, and American football ain't that much.... but still...
I make the motion that we go with Russ's "Hand-Egg-Ball" label as it is much more accurate, however I don't think the NFL will go for it.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:29 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

I'd call it Smashball, but Rugby* should be call that before the NFL does. So we're up to Suicideball now.

*Oh I know...