Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

BLACK SAILS is great. In a just world (or if it played on HBO), it'd be a massive hit.

If you're gonna give it a go, be aware of the following:
- Season One is a little iffy. There's a lot of 'good' stuff in there but very little 'great', and the pacing is off. Also, some of the characters don't really work, especially John Silver.
- Season Two is flat out GREAT. They totally learned their lessons on S1 and absolutely turned the show around. The action is great, the stories gel, and all of the characters work. The character of John Silver is almost completely reworked and becomes awesome.
- Season Three is arguably as good as S2. Some new characters are added to the mix that work beautifully to drive the story forward.

In summary, get through S1 and know that it lays the groundwork for a fantastic show once S2 starts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 01-30-2017, 09:00 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Westworld just never ended up clicking for me. I will wait and see what word is on S2, but it's not going to be appointment TV for me.

Young Pope on the other hand is fascinating, and I am in love.

I liked Westworld, but I've seen better.

The Young Pope has my interest, but I'm giving it the full season before I say I like it. What's weird is that a few parts of it play like Legion.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 01-30-2017, 09:14 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Regarding WESTWORLD: the elements that work really, really work, and I see the show-runners learning from the valid criticisms of S1 so focus their efforts better on those elements. The potential is there for greatness, and there are plenty of shows that have rocky first seasons that go on to be fantastic. LUCIFER and BLACK SAILS come to mind in that regard.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 01-30-2017, 09:26 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

I really like Lucifer, despite it being formulaic as fuck.

I'll check out Black Sails. I just need to get into Westworld again. Stopped at ep 3.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:45 AM

Martin, have you been watching S2 of LUCIFER?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-30-2017, 10:51 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Yep. Not bad at all, but that Lucifer's mom shit is dragging.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:17 AM

Yeah, that's kinda turned stale. Other than that, this season has been an absolute gas. Ratings are decent so odds are good that we'll get a season 3.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-30-2017, 05:35 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
BLACK SAILS is great. In a just world (or if it played on HBO), it'd be a massive hit.

If you're gonna give it a go, be aware of the following:
- Season One is a little iffy. There's a lot of 'good' stuff in there but very little 'great', and the pacing is off. Also, some of the characters don't really work, especially John Silver.
- Season Two is flat out GREAT. They totally learned their lessons on S1 and absolutely turned the show around. The action is great, the stories gel, and all of the characters work. The character of John Silver is almost completely reworked and becomes awesome.
- Season Three is arguably as good as S2. Some new characters are added to the mix that work beautifully to drive the story forward.

In summary, get through S1 and know that it lays the groundwork for a fantastic show once S2 starts.
THIS. Matt pretty much has the season breakdowns nailed. You have to get through Season 1 first (it does have some good stuff and some decent character development), but Seasons 2 and 3 is where shit kicks into overdrive. It's worth it.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:42 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Made it half way through S1 when we had the channel Sails was on before giving up on it. If we ever have a break in the number of shows we're watching, I'll give it another go.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post

Young Pope on the other hand is fascinating, and I am in love.
Oooh, yeah, I wanted to check that out as well!

Old 02-04-2017, 09:55 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

oh snap. Kristen Stewart just dropped the f-bomb on SNL. Prepare for too many people to freak out tomorrow'
Old 02-05-2017, 05:12 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Watched it on YouTube, and yep... pearls will be clutched and letters to NBC will be written, as well as prognostications on how Kristen Stewart will not Make America Great Again.

Folks are slowly getting away with saying "shit" on TV in prime time, so who gives a baboon's hairy ass if somebody says "fuck" nowadays? Hell, my contemporaries were cussing like sailors by the time I hit 5th grade and the world keeps spinning.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Watched the first couple episodes of the OJ American Crime Story, and it's pretty good. Travolta is a mad man.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:43 AM
is fancy

Paulson is the MVP
Old 02-07-2017, 07:48 AM

Nathan Lane is the stealth MVP.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2017, 09:45 AM
is fancy

Yeah he really is great in it.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:49 AM
is fancy

Schwimmer had some really great scenes too. Man I need to re-watch this. This in conjunction with that ESPN doc is a great double feature.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas

Loved OJ:ACS. Great performances all around.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend season 2.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Legion starts tonight!