Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas
Default Twin Peaks

This was big enough 20 years ago that I figure it deserves its own thread. The entire run is on Instant, and I invite everyone to join me on this journey. We started watching it the other day (well I've been watching, Brittany has been making snide comments and writing off the show after 30 minutes and ruining my enjoyment) and I'm really loving it after two episodes. Kyle McLachlan is "incredible" as Agent Cooper. I can't get enough of him.

I'm not going to make any guesses at to the killer yet, but man is this show wacky. Dr. Jacoby is creepy as shit, and I am guessing his hand dug out that heart charm since he has half of it in episode 2. The show also reminds me of that weird 1950s obsession America went through during the late 80s early 90s. Everyone is channeling a slight Rebel Without A Cause/poodle skirts and bobby socks vibe, without it being obvious.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

I used to be a superfan of the show, but I've gotten out of it over the years.

I could still stand to do a re-watch.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Join me. I had a feeling of anyone you would be the one Troy. YOU WOULD BE THE ONE.

Deadly Premonition is the greatest game adaptation of a TV show ever. I highly recommend the Giant Bomb endurance run of it.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

I think I've only ever seen one or two episodes. Back when it came out, it just didn't grab me, but I could give it a shot now.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Did the rewatch thing a while ago, but once I hit the second season it lost a whole lot of steam and I just didn't as much of a shit about it (having someone drunkenly spoil it in conversation one night didn't help matters either).

But that first season was fantastic.

Ray Wise is amazing.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:25 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Join me. I had a feeling of anyone you would be the one Troy. YOU WOULD BE THE ONE.

Deadly Premonition is the greatest game adaptation of a TV show ever. I highly recommend the Giant Bomb endurance run of it.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time. If that changes, I'll take a shot at it.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Fleshlight King

When Ray Wise gets the news from the sheriff and skeezy business partner walks in and he drops the phone and lets out that "my daughter is deeeeeeeeead" holy shit.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

He gets better.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

I'll echo your sentiment about the style of the characters.

I love that Lynch basically took small town Americana and its iconography and warped it into a retched hive of scum and villainy.

Leo Johnson is fucking hilarious. He's a modern black hat-wearing, mustache-twirling villain. Only this time, his mustache is a pony tail.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-04-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Fleshlight King

Bobby's INSANE take on James Dean is aces as well. When the cops have him in the library and he shrugs them off by snapping his fingers and slapping the table I laughed for a solid two minutes.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Bobby is such a fucking dork, it's great.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Fleshlight King

Bobby grabs EVERYONE by the collar. Even the collarless.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Damn, that's good coffee.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Fleshlight King

Oh Bobby, sweet Bobby, you are such an idiot. I love you, never change.

Totally confused as of now as to the triangle between Josie, Margaret (that's the red head's name right?) and the sleazy business baron.

Leo, you crazy bastard, splattering that bird's brains. But amazing shot, hitting a small bird, in a cage, through a window with blinds on it, at night, during a rain storm.

Kyle McLachlan is killin' it. Agent Cooper is already one of my favorite TV characters of all time. "Sheriff, I'll tell you a secret. Every day give yourself a gift."
Old 08-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
"Sheriff, I'll tell you a secret. Every day give yourself a gift."
Some damn fine coffee...
Old 08-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

The mill bullshit is probably the lamest part of the show, but you'll find out the connections between Josie/Marge/Lodgebro pretty soon.

Leo is a ridiculous person.

Bobby is a piece of dumb shit who does nothing but roll downhill, acccumulating more shit and more shit until he resembles Mad Martigan in that snow burrito. Only this time, it's made of shit.

Sheryl Lee in those big 80's glasses makes me feel all funny like when I used to climb the ropes in gym class.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Fleshlight King

Audrey in Cooper's bed? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOING. I'd call it a malt and fries too Agent Cooper. Loved Bobby's impassioned "Leo is done! He's finished! I'm only a high school kid but I'm going to take care of you and you don't need to worry about anything ever again sexy waitress!"
Old 08-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Yep, Teenage Buttafuoco has got it all figured out!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:25 AM
I'll See You in 25 Years

BMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurtsBMichaelKrol is so fucking epic it hurts

Awesome show. Boy are you going to be surprised when Donna is revealed to be the killer!

I'm kidding of course. It was Andy.

Twitter.com/bmkrol
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

DOHOHOHOHOHO

Watch out for Andy vs. Plank of Wood.

That is a fucking beast of a fight scene.