Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Music

Music Cj used to love ICP, Rob used to love NKOTB. Who do you love?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:03 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

In no particular order as I love them all.....

Johnny Cash - American Recordings IV, most will point out Hurt on this album but there are at least 6 other songs on there that I can listen to at any time and enjoy. I love the feel of this record as you can really get a sense of where Cash's head was at during the recording.

Ray LaMontagne - Trouble, from start to finish this one has a soulful charm to it that I just can't turn down. I hold an emotional attachment to some of the material due to my familiarity with it coming around the same time my second child was born. To me this guy sounds like a younger Joe Cocker.

Tool - Aenima, my go to album when I just want to clear my mind and "jam" I still prefer the extended version of Pushit that came with the Slaival release later but the original still holds up for me.

Tool - 10,000 days, yeah I know. I'm a total fanboy when it comes to Tool and I'm sure some will complain about the mix on this one as Maynard's voice is almost in the background for the entirety of the album. Wings for Marie and 10,000 days are probably the standouts on this for me, but I still enjoy Vicarious, Jambi as really great rock songs.

Wu Tang Clan - 36 chambers, good gawd this album always brings me back to high school and driving around doing shit else other than jamming and wasting gas money. Are there better rap albums? I'm sure but I love this one and can listen to it at any time, well any time the kids aren't around. Lulz

I acknowledge my musical tastes are not super eclectic as some of you but these are my favorites.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I saw him open up for -redacted- around 10 years ago. Just him and an acoustic guitar. Think he closed with an old 97's tune.
Awesome.

He's a pretty affable guy in person, and his solo output isn't too bad either. Reminds me of Ryan Adams, if Adams could hold a tune.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:07 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

FUCK YEAH TO 36 CHAMBERS
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

I was totally expecting Significant Other as a joke entry...
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

3dollar bill yall is better. haha
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

I dislike this list as I don't feel it fully represents my tastes and it is subject to change blah blah

The Who - Who's Next
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
G'n'R - Appetite For Destruction
QOTSA - Songs For The Deaf

Way too heavy and way too much classic rock, but there ya go.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 PM
getting ready for summer

IT's not supposed to fully represent your tastes. Russ's list isn't filled with bands that have banjos in it.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
But Josh, I think we can all admit, is, in point of fact, like a chainsaw.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMeatbag View Post
I was totally expecting Significant Other as a joke entry...
Quote:
I thought about putting one in there but I figured someone would take it seriously.

I really hate limiting it to 5 because it's hard to nudge out some, hell I could easily add 5 or 10 more that I love almost as much.

None of them would be Limp Bizkit though.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM
getting ready for summer

Exactly. It's supposed to be fun not taxing. just 5 albums you can listen all the way through. I guess the title may be misleading.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Only if you are allergic to reading.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:16 PM
RIP Ferg

Plus people freeze up because with lists come judgement. No one wants to be a music leper.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Rage Against The Machine's first album used to make the list but I went back and listened to it recently.........and I skipped around quite a bit.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
RIP Ferg

Quote:
Rage Against The Machine's first album used to make the list but I went back and listened to it recently.........and I skipped around quite a bit.
I came close to adding that too but yeah, hasn't held up so well.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

I was more of an Evil Empire fan. One more coin in the contrarian bucket, please.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
I was more of an Evil Empire fan. One more coin in the contrarian bucket, please.
Naw dawg we cool on this one.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Quote:
IT's not supposed to fully represent your tastes. Russ's list isn't filled with bands that have banjos in it.
If there was a bluegrass Pickin' to the Cars-type album, I'd give it a shot.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
I dislike this list as I don't feel it fully represents my tastes and it is subject to change blah blah

The Who - Who's Next
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
G'n'R - Appetite For Destruction
QOTSA - Songs For The Deaf

Way too heavy and way too much classic rock, but there ya go.
I'd swap out 'Heaven and Hell' for 'Sabotage', but that's just me. I'm not that big on GnR or QOTSA, but I won't disparage their inclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
getting ready for summer

Quote:
I listen to that album at least once a week. Full thing. Perfect work out music.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

can't stand RAtM. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?