Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Video Games

Video Games We play them, and we know you do. Discuss games ranging from Custard's Revenge to Burnout Revenge here.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:52 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

That wasn't so much a deep though, as random shit. Here's one.

Cole from L.A. Noire represents the icy nature of the War Survivor after surviving the Pacific Campaign, as he tries to force his way back into the dark veneer of late 40s LA...he has to find ways to make things work in his mind. So, he forces his fellow soldiers into a series of criminal campaigns where he can correct the behavior with Civilian Law.

Always looking to be the man on top, regardless if it'll get him shot or not. Hence the flashbacks layered upon the present.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Than show the coupon for the Mystery Deal and say that you texted to get the code. http://c.toysrus.com/qrp1/?url=qrp1

Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 AM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
That wasn't so much a deep though, as random shit. Here's one.

Cole from L.A. Noire represents the icy nature of the War Survivor after surviving the Pacific Campaign, as he tries to force his way back into the dark veneer of late 40s LA...he has to find ways to make things work in his mind. So, he forces his fellow soldiers into a series of criminal campaigns where he can correct the behavior with Civilian Law.

Always looking to be the man on top, regardless if it'll get him shot or not. Hence the flashbacks layered upon the present.
It explains why there is fuck all else to do in L.A.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

It's a great fan theory but it wouldn't explain how Cole would get assigned the very cases he was spearheading by way of his military buddies. Unless he was that lucky.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hocken View Post
It's a great fan theory but it wouldn't explain how Cole would get assigned the very cases he was spearheading by way of his military buddies. Unless he was that lucky.

It's not much of a theory. I pulled it out of my ass in 2 minutes time.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

I never did finish 'L.A. Noire'. I completely lost interest once the Black Dahlia case was closed. It's a beautiful one-trick pony, nothing more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:09 PM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I never did finish 'L.A. Noire'. I completely lost interest once the Black Dahlia case was closed. It's a beautiful one-trick pony, nothing more.
They really blew their wad on that case.

And hearing the complete horror stories about the development of it, I'm surprised it was even coherent.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Pretty much every homicide desk case was the Black Dahlia case.

It was weird once you got the Arson desk and the cases were super short. It was like the developers even realized "hey guys, maybe we shouldn't have front-loaded the awesome stuff. Let's hurry up and finish this."
Old 07-18-2011, 01:13 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Red Dead is getting more DLC soon. Waiting on it.

Also, a guy at Kotaku was talking about how Red Dead predicted the rise of the Tea Party.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:19 PM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

how is 'L.A. Noire' doing for sales? I'm seeing it pop up for sales/price drops already...I think Target has it for $37 this week.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 07-18-2011, 01:20 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Well, the game has been out for two months at this point.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:21 PM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

Quote:
Pretty much every homicide desk case was the Black Dahlia case.

It was weird once you got the Arson desk and the cases were super short. It was like the developers even realized "hey guys, maybe we shouldn't have front-loaded the awesome stuff. Let's hurry up and finish this."
And the endgame bottleneck corridor shootout did nothing to assuage that problem.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 PM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
Also, a guy at Kotaku was talking about how Red Dead predicted the rise of the Tea Party.
Must be a slow day.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:27 PM
is not Montel Williams

REALLY slow day
Old 07-18-2011, 02:08 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

It is insanely slow for news today. Outside of the News of the World guy getting shot.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:14 PM

Yeah, that guy's death doesn't scream SUSPICIOUS or anything...Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2011, 02:33 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Just read about the reporter's death on CNN - WOW. Feel sorry for the guy and his family, but damn if this isn't gonna make Murdoch and his crew look even worse.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 AM
is not Montel Williams

Killer 7 remains the weirdest fucking game I've ever come across.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:02 PM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Also totally overrated.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
A Galaxy Fart Fart Away

The premise is pretty awesome.