Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Braindead Oven

The Braindead Oven We love to eat. You love to eat. Let's talk about food here!

Old 08-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas
Default 500 Favorite Foods

Because You Demanded it! [Begin cheesy Monster Truck Jam Echo effect]

500 FAVORITE FOODS!

BDR EDITION!

I think it's safe to say we got us some folks love to eat 'round these parts. So just for fun, let's see if we're diverse of palate enough to compile a list of 500 of our favorites.

OK, Rules: 1 food per BDR per day, to see if we can reach 500. I would suggest you try to be as specific as you can, so we have a greater chance of reaching the goal (eg. "the X at Joe's" rather than "x", wherever possible).

I'll start:

1. Roquefort blue cheese. Sharpest, most assertively flavored blue of them all, and unquestionably my favorite (though I love almost all the blues I've tried). Much more peppery & salty than Gorgonzola, Stilton, or Maytag blue. Spread on some baguette. . . sublime.

Hear that? That's the sound of fat, hairy, socially challenged manchildren not telling us to start posting about movies in the food threads. Ahhhhh. . . .bliss!

Now bring it, the rest of you!

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas

Oh, and you can turn the cheesy echo effect off after the underlined portion ends. Y'know. . . if you want to.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:25 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

2. Chili Cheese Burrito (chilito) - This fucking AWESOME concoction of culinary delights hails from TACO BELL™ but don't let that scare you. It is nothing more than a tortilla with chili and cheese but it's THE BEST FAST FOOD ON THE GODDAMN PLANET. It's not in every market (ahha fuck you CA) but it is indeed worthy of being added to the list.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

3. Poutine (poo-teen in English)

Quebec delicacy. French fries, top with fresh cheese curds, then topped with gravy. HEAVEN.

And no, you'll hardly find it outside the province. You may find it, but as a pale shadow of itself. And sorry Rob, this is the best fast food IN THE UNIVERSE.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts

4. Crab Rangoon

Crab meat mixed with garlic, green onion and cream cheese. Put it all in a won ton wrapper and deep fry. Serve with soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce. Apparently a mainly mid-west thing, this is pure heaven.

Last edited by Ingrid; 08-30-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:39 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

5. Picana

You like steak? Then check this shit out at a good Brazilian Steak House. Because it is unbelievable and that's no hyperbole either.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Texan

Howard is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurts

6. BBQ Stuffed Baked Potato

You love baked potatoes? You love BBQ? Yeah, these 2 great tastes, taste great together. The BBQ can be beef, pork, turkey, etc. It all tastes great mashed with a baked potato.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Squeedly Werrrr

Chris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandasChris Miller is a god amongst pandas

7.The Broiled Crab Cake at John Steven's in Fells Point, Baltimore Maryland.

Most places that serve crab cakes in the state of Maryland claim to have the best. It's a pissing contest that started around the time someone thought to mix crab meat with a light breading and mayo (or any other binder) and broil or fry it. And sure, it's hard to make a bad crabcake, really, I enjoy them most places I try them. John Stevens, though, stands out for me as my favorite. First of all, it's big. Like, the size of a softball. Second, I'm pretty sure the chefs only select the largest pieces of Jumbo Lump crab meat, there's no filler meat in this cake. Lastly, they have a homemade tartar sauce to accompany it that has elements of lemon juice and dill that I can taste just thinking about it.

Now I want one.

Check out my music, if you please:
http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/
Old 08-31-2010, 06:14 AM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

8. Smoked Gouda from Wisconsin with crackers.... yum!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

9. Vlassic Dill Hamburger Chips.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

10. Ruffles' All Dressed Chips.

Ask anyone who tried them. They know.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:23 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

11. Steamed clams from the original Ivar's: Just a bucket of steamed clams in a vegetable/butter broth from the original Ivar's out in Washington. Nothing fancy needed. Just your appetite and a tiny fork.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:09 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

12. Porkchop on a stick: the MN State Fair. You need to get the one from the booth by the Haunted House. The other ones are merely OK.

I don't know what they do or how they do it, but this is consistently, year after year, the single best thing that you can get at the Fair. Cooked perfectly, spiced perfectly...it's a mouthwatering piece of perfection that is one of the truly MUST EAT FOODS at the entire Fair. The line is usually long for this meal, but it's totally worth every second of delay.

also: HELL YES on Blue Cheese, Chili Cheese Burritos, and All Dressed Potato Chips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 AM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

13: In the vein of fried shit - CHICKEN FRIED STEAK.

I defy anyone to argue with a well-prepared chicken fried steak with pepper gravy and mashed potatoes.

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 08-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Yea I was going to say chicken fried steak but Jake beat me. So..

14. Fried Catfish. Those scumsuckers are the second best thing in the planet to fry up. Serve with hush puppies and a but of fried gator and no less than 2 lbs of catfish pet person.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 AM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
12. Porkchop on a stick: the MN State Fair. You need to get the one from the booth by the Haunted House. The other ones are merely OK.

I don't know what they do or how they do it, but this is consistently, year after year, the single best thing that you can get at the Fair. Cooked perfectly, spiced perfectly...it's a mouthwatering piece of perfection that is one of the truly MUST EAT FOODS at the entire Fair. The line is usually long for this meal, but it's totally worth every second of delay.

also: HELL YES on Blue Cheese, Chili Cheese Burritos, and All Dressed Potato Chips.
I have never tried this at the Fair.... perhaps I will add it to the list this year.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:29 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
I have never tried this at the Fair.... perhaps I will add it to the list this year.
YOU MUST DO THIS. Go to the haunted house and look down the hill towards the Midway. The road slopes down slightly so you'll have a good view of everything. You'll see (and smell) smoke coming out of the red and white/silver booth that sells these porkchops. You'll also see the huge line...don't be dissuaded, get into that line and spend your $6.50 for the porkchop. BEYOND AWESOME.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 AM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Yea I was going to say chicken fried steak but Jake beat me. So..

14. Fried Catfish. Those scumsuckers are the second best thing in the planet to fry up. Serve with hush puppies and a but of fried gator and no less than 2 lbs of catfish pet person.
*heartattackfist*

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 AM

Sorry, but I hate catfish. I've never had it prepared in a way that I've enjoyed. I can eat pretty much any other fish but these oily tasting things.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Hate catfish? Whoa whoa whoa