Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I would buy out the entire theater so I could have Maximum Quality Time.

Also, so one of the Fantastic Four is getting offed, huh? Who's it gonna be? Will they turn Reed into some genius supergod or something?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Some shit like that I suppose.

Can "killing" off a character even garner attention anymore? It's inevitable they bring the character back after a while.

Someone wheel in Senior Comics analyst and Kentucky gentleman Anderson to discuss this.

Last edited by Ed Hocken; 12-23-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Well, there's talk of a WW TV series, so we can all crank it at home! Just like we did to Lynda Carter back in the day!

Even if they don't pick Hendricks to play Wonder Woman (FOOLS!), Hocken bless her for saying she'd do it in a heartbeat. She's good peeps, that Christina!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

Ugh to Fear Itself.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:18 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Heard that, dude. I thought Marvel was taking a break from these big event books?

Not raising any interest in me whatsoever, nor is it motivating me to going back to buying any Big Two books either.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

No WW TV series this year. Poopie!

Maybe if The Cape turns out to be a hit, they might reconsider?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hocken View Post

Can "killing" off a character even garner attention anymore? It's inevitable they bring the character back after a while.

Someone wheel in Senior Comics analyst and Kentucky gentleman Anderson to discuss this.

Attention is so weird when it comes to comics. Right now, it takes the Top 5 books to equals the sales of the Top book roughly 10 years ago.

In 2001, the industry was in decline. Now, it's just circling the drain. Sooner than later, the name of the game will become licensing. We'll continue to keep reading comics and other junk, but it's merely a formality so that Marvel/Disney keeps the licensing brands fresh.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy225 View Post
No WW TV series this year. Poopie!

Maybe if The Cape turns out to be a hit, they might reconsider?
The pilot pitch was utter shit. Let's put it this way, David E. Kelley can only work in a limited space. When he tried to put WW in that space, the results were laughable.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:

To answer the second part, comics are periodical narratives. Since most other periodical narratives have died out...comic books remain this oddity for younger people.

If a character is popular enough, they can't stay dead in a monthly format. You'll always need them back. I'm just glad that Gwen Stacy has remained dead. Though, my Marvel spies say that is being discussed to change around the Reboot's released.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
Attention is so weird when it comes to comics. Right now, it takes the Top 5 books to equals the sales of the Top book roughly 10 years ago.

In 2001, the industry was in decline. Now, it's just circling the drain. Sooner than later, the name of the game will become licensing. We'll continue to keep reading comics and other junk, but it's merely a formality so that Marvel/Disney keeps the licensing brands fresh.
I was thinking about this the past couple of weeks, while looking at some of the comic websites (Bleeding Cool, CBR, The Beat, Newsarama, etc.) and I gotta tell ya, it's pretty obvious that the industry's dying. No new blood coming into the stores, and what with prices the way they are, and the quality of comics from the Big Two, I'm surprised nobody's started a death pool yet.

Licensing, however, is the way of the future. Also, digital comics, but they've gotta knock those prices down.

Sorry to hear the pilot pitch for WW was less than stellar.

ETA: They're bringing back Gwen? Allegedly? Sadly, it doesn't surprise me - the love for that character always escaped me; much blander than MJ.

Last edited by Timothy225; 01-10-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

I've come to the conclusion that it's not really feasible to have a live action superohero tv series. The effects necessary to make powers look good just isn't doable on a tv budget.

Excepy maybe POWERS and that's because the powers in POWERS are not the focus of the book.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that it's not really feasible to have a live action superohero tv series. The effects necessary to make powers look good just isn't doable on a tv budget.

Excepy maybe POWERS and that's because the powers in POWERS are not the focus of the book.

Powers is still in development at FX. It's about one show bombing away from being reality.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:11 PM
is not Montel Williams

Bombing away?

Oh okay, I see. If an existing show gets kneecapped. This will show up.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:11 AM
feels good man

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I want to punch myself in the dick for saying this, but I'd watch the fuck outta this silly ass idea for a show..
Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Hell yeah! Agreed, it's a weird idea, but c'mon, it's a fun take on Batman.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
is not Montel Williams

Funny, the whole thing seems similar to Clone High.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 PM
BARGAINS

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Read this, you might enjoy it.

http://www.godhatesastronauts.com/
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
is not Montel Williams

Issue 1 was great, loved the Rhino doctor and the ghost cow.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 PM
is not Montel Williams

Carl Winslow CAMEO!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 PM
BARGAINS

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

It's still a relatively young webcomic, but it is on to something.