Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:49 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggytheBorg View Post
Nah. It would've been Silver Surfer trying desperately in the 1st panel to think of a way to keep Galactus from eating earth, and then returning to Big G's craft w/ his arms full of Twinkies, Fruit Pies and Cupcakes. Gives them to Galactus with a line like: " THIS shall sate your hunger, Galactus!" Nest to last panel is Big G licking his chops and saying either "Real fruit filling!" or "Real Cream Filling!" Followed by "Mmmmmmm!" And then the shot of Big G holding a sack of Hostess treats overhead (in each hand) and shouting "GALACTUS SHALL HUNGER NO LONGER!" in the last panel.
Marvel beat ya to it. Sort of.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:45 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

So, the end of Civil War is kind of a wet fart, eh? Just based on the trailer for the new Cap movie it looks like they're changing a fair amount. Although I suppose the Winter Soldier is a more appropriate flashpoint that a bunch of dead kids. I'll have to google and see happened next. They probably hit a big reset button, I'm sure.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:42 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
So, the end of Civil War is kind of a wet fart, eh? Just based on the trailer for the new Cap movie it looks like they're changing a fair amount. Although I suppose the Winter Soldier is a more appropriate flashpoint that a bunch of dead kids. I'll have to google and see happened next. They probably hit a big reset button, I'm sure.

Post Civil War?

Spidey unveiled his ID, that got Aunt May shot. He cut a deal with Mephisto so that his ID is secret to the world again, but it costs his marriage to MJ.

Back to Spidey of the late 70s/early 80s in modern times.

Iron Man hardlines 00s neocon values, while antagonizing the superhuman community. Skrull Invasion happens, they fuck up the Extremis Armor and shanghai everything he's working on. Norman Osborn saves the day by shooting the defenseless Skrull Empress in the head with a rifle.

Instant American hero, SHIELD seized all of Stark's work and gives it to Osborn out of national security. Osborn creates the Dark Avengers and goes all Zero Dark Thirty on superhumans that don't play ball with him.

All the while, he's mentally fucking with the unstable superhero Sentry. Eventually, he rages out at the new Asgard and the real superheroes have to show up to take back their rightful moniker. This all happened in a 4-5 year span and ended in 2011 with Bendis bailing out of the Avengers.

If it reads like a choir, well it was a choir to experience.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 01-01-2016, 07:44 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

That Spidey retcon is pretty dumb but I loved 70s/80s Spider-Man so... win some/lose some?
Old 05-25-2016, 12:27 PM
The red capes are coming

Fil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy BartyFil is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Read DC's Rebirth last night. I'm interested. Might pick up a few monthlies, or now biweeklies for a bit.

Spoiler: Spoiler 
Happy to see Wally West again.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:43 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Modern Marvel may well be the worst thing to happen to comics since the crash of the 1990s.

But holy shit, seeing how out of touch everybody is at that higher levels of that company has me howling with laughter sometimes.

How do people with outright disdain for their product and their consumer base continue to hold down jobs? Do they have tenure?
Old 07-29-2017, 04:13 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
Modern Marvel may well be the worst thing to happen to comics since the crash of the 1990s.

But holy shit, seeing how out of touch everybody is at that higher levels of that company has me howling with laughter sometimes.

How do people with outright disdain for their product and their consumer base continue to hold down jobs? Do they have tenure?

Oh! You don't know about Marvel Legacy yet!

They can't even get the issue counts right for the launch in the fall. But, PREHISTORIC AVENGERS!

Ha. My hobby is dead.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:08 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Legacy and the trailer for it was like a parody.

Absolute trash.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:11 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Legacy and the trailer for it was like a parody.

Absolute trash.

But, Spider-Man is poor again! Deadpool is bad again! Captain America isn't a Nazi anymore!

Old 07-29-2017, 05:16 PM
My wife's son

HAHAHAHA you can't trick me ya beta clowns!

I'm sure they'll Twitter hire some other YA shitlord to destroy it all because Alonso is still in charge and Breevort still walks the Earth.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:18 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Russ, don't ever leave me again you bastard. :-D
Old 07-29-2017, 05:22 PM
My wife's son

Sorry for the extended absence, had to graduate fart school and realize the industry I'm going into is at the very least 75-80% filled with the cucked and the "oppressed."

I may or may not be drinking right now to soften the blow.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:44 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

If life gives you cucks, become the Bull Russ.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:52 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Sorry for the extended absence, had to graduate fart school and realize the industry I'm going into is at the very least 75-80% filled with the cucked and the "oppressed."

I may or may not be drinking right now to soften the blow.
Precisely why I never dove into working for comics after college (just before the 90s boom/bust happened). The industry was buttfuck nuts back then and it's even worse now.

Welcome back, Russ. You've been missed and the place is now that much brighter with your return.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:06 PM
My wife's son

Good to be back. If only a giant round of firings would happen to this company the industry would be that much better already. The causeheads need to stop. It is time to stop.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:39 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
HAHAHAHA you can't trick me ya beta clowns!

I'm sure they'll Twitter hire some other YA shitlord to destroy it all because Alonso is still in charge and Breevort still walks the Earth.
How dare you forget the Woke Edgelord C.B. "FUCK THE TALENT POOL" Cebulski!