Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Sports

Sports Shit, we don't do sports. Unless you count ultimate ninja death frisbee. Rob is all over that.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts
Default 2010-11 Hockey!

So Martin and I had talked about making this thread and with today's news, I figured it was time. Feel free to let the gloves come off and the punches fly as we give each other shit about our respective teams. Eh?

Sad day on Broad Street: Simone Gagne is no longer a Flyer. He was traded for an unknown and Matt Walker from Tampa Bay. I shall pour one out for my lost boy...

Old 07-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Texan

Howard is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurts

Good move for Tampa. Ya'll are getting a hot man though.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:12 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

As Houston only has the Aeros for my hockey fix I float between Dallas and Detroit. I was a NorthStars fan before the Dallas move so no heat from my fellow Houstonians.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Texan

Howard is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurts

Forgiven. Mostly. Personally, I can never root for a Dallas team. It would be like rooting for a team from NY.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

I know, trust me. It was a huge dilemma when they moved here but I still occasionally root for them.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts

I'll let you have Dallas....Detroit may be harder to forgive. Sorry, they are my all time most hated team. Ask Nathan how fired up I get...

Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Back in the day, when we had a decent Hatcher, Belfour, and even that white-toothed dildo Modano was handing out assists like the clap, the Stars were fackin' awesome.

I long for the day we return to glory...

...and at least we aren't the fucking Leafs.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Here for laughs

I have to ask, what does everyone have against Toronto? Did they make a douche move I'm not aware of?

Old 07-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid View Post
I have to ask, what does everyone have against Toronto? Did they make a douche move I'm not aware of?
They're Canadian... do we really need a reason?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Yankees of Hockey. More a correlation to their smugfans than the team, but still applicable.

Also, Mike Myers is superfan#1.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Here for laughs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yankees of Hockey.
Ok, this makes sense. They were the first team (besides the Flyers) that I liked as a kid...I would probably call them a intro team, they get your foot in the hockey door. A kiddie pool if you will.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Texan

Much like the Yankees. A discerning baseball fan will soon adopt a better team.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Fuck you all...

V is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandasV is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Ok, this makes sense. They were the first team (besides the Flyers) that I liked as a kid...I would probably call them a intro team, they get your foot in the hockey door. A kiddie pool if you will.
Odd...

I was a Bruins fan when I was a kid, and still am to this day. Granted, they almost always break my heart... but you stick by your team through good and bad.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Here for laughs

And I do. The Flyers are my die-hard team. I have loved them since I was a kid and my dad took me to a game at the Spectrum. I will never stop loving the Flyers. No matter how tough it is to watch them lose.

But the Leafs were kind of a....backup? That's not the right word, but it's the closest I can come up with. If the Flyers weren't playing or they hadn't made it to the finals, the Leafs were my 'backup' team to cheer for.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

I have to poop. This is the right thread isn't it?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Fuck you all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I have to poop. This is the right thread isn't it?
Well... if you gotta go, you gotta go.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:11 AM
massing near Sullust

Bobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurtsBobby Bear is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
I was a Bruins fan when I was a kid, and still am to this day. Granted, they almost always break my heart... but you stick by your team through good and bad.
Quote:
And I do. The Flyers are my die-hard team. I have loved them since I was a kid and my dad took me to a game at the Spectrum. I will never stop loving the Flyers. No matter how tough it is to watch them lose.
Serious respect to the pair of ya!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yankees of Hockey. More a correlation to their smugfans than the team, but still applicable.

Also, Mike Myers is superfan#1.
The Yankees won a lot. The Leafs have ONE CUP. In 1961.

And yet Leafs fans behave like they have the #1 franchise in history.

The Habs are the Yankees. Watch for PK Subban this year. I still mourn the loss of Halak, but they had to sell high I guess. I hope Price steps up to his talent.

The Flyers BLOW. They did a salary dump, and got shit in return. Gagné was worth a 2nd round pick at least. Bad move. Holmgren is sit for improving his team.

Tampa is the team to watch this year. Not because of Gagné, who will play with Vincent Lecavalier, but because they hired Guy Boucher, the best coach I ever heard off. Trust me, he's a god. They might make the playoffs, even if they only have 2 good lines and 3 good d-men.

Boston is also t watch. Them and the Flyers are good rivals. Unlike the fucking Leafs.

EDIT: And Nathan is a LEAFS FAN.

Last edited by Martin; 07-20-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:21 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Can we rename this thread 2010-11 NHL thread. Because some dude above mentionned a team in Houston. There isn't any hockey in Houston.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Texan

Maybe not a NHL team but there is an AHL team in Houston. The Aeros.

http://www.aeros.com/main/