Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Braindead Oven

The Braindead Oven We love to eat. You love to eat. Let's talk about food here!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas
Default Behold! The Power of Cheese!

I fucking love cheese. From your more common, store brand, found in every supermarket dairy case cheddar, to weird exotic imports found only in specialty shops. I once bought a wedge of yak's milk cheese. Pretty good, actually, despite the greenish tinge.

As a general rule, anything imported from Switzerland is going to be good, because the Swiss have very strict quality control standards. Some of my favorite cheeses come from Switzerland. Emmental (the one w/ the holes that we often think of as "Swiss" cheese) is good, but a little dull. I like Gruyere, and it's smoky undertones better, but even better than both are Appenzellar and tete du moine, some of the most strongly flavored cheeses out there. Appenzellar has notes of fruit to it, along w/ a musky assertiveness. Tete du moine has a weird but delicious interplay of sharp and piercing with sweet. Some of the ebst there is, IMO

Anyway, I was curious if any more of my brain dead brethren share this particular passion? What are tour favorites and why?

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

Gruyere = great. I fully admit to only having gotten into cheese within the past few years (coming from East Texas where cheddar's damn near a delicacy), but cheese-related shit I've grown to love:

-Aged parmigiano reggiano
-Bufala mozzarella
-Fried halloumi
-FETA.
-The aforementioned Gruyere.
-Fontina
-Havarti
-Gouda

And there's probably others, but those are the ones that are right off the top of my bean.

BONER-INDUCING THREAD.

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 02-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Oh god yes. I am a cheese fiend. When I was a young buck I would grab a block of cheddar and eat it while watching cartoons. I put cheese on everything. And everything with cheese I want extra cheese. Gouda is heart warming. My dad's wife makes snack plates around the holidays with gouda and these crackersohmotherofgodonapogostick.

Bleu cheese (why does Firefox always tell me bleu is spelled wrong? NOTICE THE CHEESE PART FIREFOX) is my favorite. I love queso fresco. Bless Mexico for their amazing cheesetastic dishes. And Italy. I don't even know what all cheeses you use, but as a country, you make excellent choices.

Oh, and I don't like spinach, like at all, but there is a Houston chain I love that makes this spinach and feta burger. WET DREAM. All thanks to the feta.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:21 AM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Iggy's doppleganger:

Old 02-04-2010, 08:27 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Me and the wifey have been on a cheese bender lately thanks to Trader Joes. A nice hunk of bleu cheese makes my fucking day.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
Oh, and I don't like spinach, like at all, but there is a Houston chain I love that makes this spinach and feta burger. WET DREAM. All thanks to the feta.
Considering how much you love cheese and hate spinach, how do you feel about spinach and artichoke dip?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I actually LOVE spinach dip. I just don't like raw spinach, all by itself. Just staring at me. Plotting.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:47 AM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

Plotting to get in my fuckin' mouth.

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Texan

Howard is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurts

Raw spinach is awesome. Cooked spinach? *shudder*
Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Cooked spinach= Paul Blargh

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:50 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Cheese is the semen of god.

Yes, I do love cheese.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:51 AM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

I can't eat a lot of cheese. Pizza, yes. On burgers, no.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

e've cut down on the amount of cheese we eat *sniff*, but yes I'm a cheese whore. The more the merrier.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEESE.

it's what's for dinner.

I've yet to have a cheese that I didn't like (yet to try any of the really stinky ones, like Limburger, though). Love Bleu Cheese especially.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas

Blue cheese ain't for everyone; definitely an acquired taste. But I'm a huge fan of most kinds out there. The Danish Saga & stuff are enjoyable, but if you've never tried one of the "real deal" imports, like Gorgonzola, Roquefort or Stilton, you really have to do yourself the favor. Roquefort is my favorite hands down, because it's the strongest of them. I'm dying to get my hands on some Spanish Cabrales. I think the only blue cheese I tried & didn't like was Blue Cheshire from England. I'm not a huge fan of Cheshire to begin with (kind of reminds me of Velveeta, for some reason), and adding the blue molding to it just doesn't jibe, IMO. Maytag Blue (yes, the same Maytag that makes the washing machines; the chairman also owns Anchor Steam Brewing) is sublime, as is Point Reyes, an American blue from CA, I think. They're also fairly easy to find in supermarkets, in my experience.

Before I forget to mention it, I have to sing the praises of Wegman's. They have an imported cheese section that is out of this world for a supermarket chain. There's 2 w/in a decent drive of my home, and my wife & I love love LOVE them. We stay together until we get to the cheese section, and then she goes off to do the rest of her shopping and leaves me there for an hour or more, searching thru the displays and consulting my "Cheese Primer" by Stephen Jenkins (indispensible reading matter for the serious cheese fanatic). If there's one near you, give 'em a whirl.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Whole Foods has a pretty kick-ass cheese department. I got 6-7 varieties from them last year for a wine/cheese party and was really impressed with their selection.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
Gruyere = great. I fully admit to only having gotten into cheese within the past few years (coming from East Texas where cheddar's damn near a delicacy), but cheese-related shit I've grown to love:

-Aged parmigiano reggiano
-Bufala mozzarella
-Fried halloumi
-FETA.
-The aforementioned Gruyere.
-Fontina
-Havarti
-Gouda

And there's probably others, but those are the ones that are right off the top of my bean.

BONER-INDUCING THREAD.
The above highlighted are some of my favorites. Working on a kick-ass salad with Feta to go with my steaks tonight.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Queso Fresco aka Ranchero Cheese is my favorite Mexican Cheese
Cotija is number two, smells horrible but goes great in guacamole, beans and all kinds of other Mexican dishes
Mozzarella, fresh is the best for some paninis and shit
Ricotta, I can eat this straight from the tub too fucking great
Old 02-04-2010, 12:44 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

Because of my location, and the very limited Mexicans presence around here, I never had one of those famed Mexican cheeses.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Because of my location, and the very limited Mexicans presence around here, I never had one of those famed Mexican cheeses.
You haven't lived dude...if you are ever in LA I will take you to get cheese and some legit authentic Mexican food.