Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Television

Television Television is the food of the gods.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:14 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default The Walking Dead TV show

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

My favorite comic + Darabont + TV SHOW = The way this always needed to be done. And what I've been saying since the podcast started. Awesome. So fucking awesome.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

I really can't believe it's taken this long for someone to figure out that a zombie tv show could be awesome.

And I couldn't be happier that Darabont is involved.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

And I The Walking Dead is fucking fantastic. The only comic I buy every issue and trade and hardcover. And they could do this low budget as shit too, at least until the second season.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:01 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Well, it's about fucking time. This thing has been seemingly in development before that Invincible cartoon thing at MTV.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Nice...now only if we can get Vinnie Chase a role...
Old 08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Great, proven writer/adapter of the horror genre? Check.

Good with ensembles? Yep.

Able to suckerpunch the audience with emotional beats? Ya bet your ass.

Best news I've heard today, and I just won the Publisher's Clearing House (not really).
Old 08-13-2009, 10:57 AM
is fancy

My only gripe is how much is gonna get toned down since it's on AMC. I always wanted this on HBO or Showtime.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

AMC had better grow some gory balls.

Because some of that shit, not even Frank can write around.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:45 AM
is fancy

Exactly. I mean, just the shit that happens in the prison (which is needed as it helps certain characters change completely) is gonna need to be shown.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
My wife's son

Yeah, there's ritual suicide/1 vs. 100 zombie edition/serial killer candid camera to be portrayed.

I don't know how AMC is going to work with or work around those events.

Hell, it may be that Darabont will kill off completely different characters in unexpected ways. I'd be down for that. As long the zombies are as gruesome as they are in the trades, I'm a happy guy.

*NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD SPECULAAAAAAAAAAAAAATION!*
Old 08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
is fancy

God, I'm so excited for this. SO EXCITED. SO EXCITED. SO...SO...SCARED!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

It should be awesome...I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rob for sending me the first two copies of Walking Dead...sir you are teh champion
Old 08-13-2009, 01:02 PM
is fancy

Haha, you're welcome. and I forgot about that. Man, I really need to start up a new contest again. haha. Stupid being broke and having no sponsers haha.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Elitist

Even if you had sponsors or ads, I would just block em using AdBlock...FTW?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
is fancy

Fine by me. Haha.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

I can get you sponsors, man. They're not great sponsors, but they're cool.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
I can get you sponsors, man. They're not great sponsors, but they're cool.
Rob, take him up on it and we can have our own mini meltdown a'la the other place.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:05 AM
is fancy

Fuck yeah, GREENLIT!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Have yet to read The Walking Dead. I've read that the first 5 or 6 books are classics, then it rapidly goes to shit. They're on my list of shit I hope someone buys me for no reason at all, so maybe I get to them eventually.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:13 AM
is fancy

I still dig it even with some of the ridiculous shit that happens in the later books. But I'm a zombie whore.