Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > The Braindead Oven

The Braindead Oven We love to eat. You love to eat. Let's talk about food here!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Thumbs up Post your kickass recipes here!

Rob's mouthwatering ribs:

I usually do one rack between 2-3 lbs

Rub: (now I add all kinds of other shit as well just to change it up, but this is the most basic recipe)
  • 8 parts Light Brown Sugar
  • 2-3 parts Kosher salt
  • 1 part chili powder (any kind)
  • 1 part whatever you want (garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, etc)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• Once the rub is complete, rub that shit on to your ribs
  • Wrap ribs in heavy tin foil, leave one end open
  • Refrigerate 1 hour
  • Once time is nearing 1 hour, preheat oven to 250 degrees
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Combine:
  • 1 cup white cooking wine
  • 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tbs worchester
  • 2 tbs honey
  • 3 full cloves of garlic
  • microwave for 1 minute
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Pour liquid mixture into the aluminum foil (right before you put it in the oven) and seal.
  • Put in oven for 2.5 hours
  • Take out of oven, leave tinfoil on, but pour out juices into pot (make sure to remove the full cloves of garlic before you reduce)
  • reduce liquid over heat until syrupy (your own homemade bbq sauce) and once reduced, taste. IF too bitter add a bit of white wine vinegar. That usually helps. Also, make sure it doesn't burn. I've fucked this part up before. If you fuck it up, no worries, just add a bit of your fav BBQ and go to town. You'll get the hang of it
  • Baste on to ribs
  • Broil for 1-3 mins

THEN FUCKING EAT THE SHIT OUTTA EM!

Pics coming shortly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01367.jpg (102.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC0136700.jpg (92.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01368.jpg (89.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01369.jpg (92.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01371.jpg (97.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01372.jpg (101.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01373.jpg (95.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Sounds fucking great. But how do you measure a "part"?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Ex: 1 part could = 1 tbs, teaspoon, handful, cup, etc. Since I only usually do one rack, I tend to use 1 tablespoon as that's usually more than enough rub.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:15 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

I figured that because for a moment I thought the reciepe required 8 cups of brown sugar. Way too much.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
getting ready for summer

Dude, I did the same thing the first time I ever made this. haha. I had so much fucking rub, it was redonkulous.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 PM
getting ready for summer

They were fucking awesome. Yum.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Cool plate.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:24 AM
getting ready for summer

haha. Bed Bath and Beyond for the win. Also, new recipes coming soon: Dick Burning Chili for the win. haha
Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 AM
is not Montel Williams

Wait a second? Why are you putting chili on your cock? I didn't realize it was that kind of party.

Last edited by Ed Hocken; 07-22-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Reference to early podcast
Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 AM
getting ready for summer

Reference to everytime I make chili. I fail hard sometimes. haha
Old 07-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Captain Fuckin´ Magic

Jan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Reference to everytime I make chili. I fail hard sometimes. haha
I feel your pain. Even more does my lady. She never lets me touch here again after our last chilli....
Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 AM
getting ready for summer

HAha. Lesley is the same way. Hilarious.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Right meow!

chili recipe = 1st post right?
Old 07-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Captain Fuckin´ Magic

Jan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurtsJan is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
HAha. Lesley is the same way. Hilarious.
Well yeah, hilarious indeed. Just don´t ask her. She might have different words for that.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:27 AM
<-My Inspiration

Lesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The FaheyLesley is as epic as The Fahey

I just think it is funny that Rob always wants to have sex after having chili. Um.... I'm not letting that burning penis near me, thank you. And it is actually pretty funny.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Right meow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
I'm not letting that burning penis near me, thank you.
Always a good policy.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:46 AM
What's up Bitches!

Sarah is adept at slaterin' itSarah is adept at slaterin' itSarah is adept at slaterin' itSarah is adept at slaterin' itSarah is adept at slaterin' itSarah is adept at slaterin' itSarah is adept at slaterin' it

Love the pics Rob.... Step by Step and everything...

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2
Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 AM
getting ready for summer

I just wish I would have cleaned our stovetop a bit. It looks like I make heroin on it. haha
Old 07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Right meow!

Really want to try out that recipe. Oh, and the ribs too.