Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Technology and other nerd stuff

Technology and other nerd stuff Are you a fan of tech? Do you have a cellphone attached to your hip? Maybe a bluetooth headset? Post about tech stuff here.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

oh your god! apparently, the romans were d&d nerds... here's a picture of a d20 from ancient rome that's going for $17925 on christie's. info from gizmodo.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article95a.htm

Pretty good little article on 4.0

Made me laugh a few times. I love that guy.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:50 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

we had our first session yesterday. And even though I know we were still learning the rules and I'm sure we fucked some shit up I still had a blast.

1. I got super hammered at the inn, made an ass outta myself and woke up in a pile of vomit.
2. I attempted a sweet double backflip over a NPC, got my cape caught on his axe and fucked myself up.
3. I attempted to steal a scale from a dragon but instead got covered in acid melting all of my clothes off besides my cape. So there I was naked, shivering, but at least I still had my cape.

Good shit.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
back to sleep

Cj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The FaheyCj is as epic as The Fahey

Sounds like a good time. I played today with my group and got knocked down... but i got up again... ain't nothing gonna keep me down. then I drank a whiskey drink.... then a vodka drink... and so on.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:44 PM
???????

ScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy BlanksScooterLaBeef is almost as cool as Billy Blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj View Post
Sounds like a good time. I played today with my group and got knocked down... but i got up again... ain't nothing gonna keep me down. then I drank a whiskey drink.... then a vodka drink... and so on.
Ahhh shit, CJ made a funny!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
getting ready for summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj View Post
While I'm going to ignore the Chumbawumba song, I really want you to swing out for a play session once. You don't even have to play, I just want to know what we are doing wrong.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:10 AM
getting ready for summer

So hopefully our new game (and correct) will be happening shortly. Also, for you CA residents and Viet, once the 4.0 online component comes out, we'll have to play that way as well. For now, go to the wizards site and get the free character builder. Pretty cool as you can just make a ton of guys and read all about the powers and what not.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:12 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Nice. So is this game all pen and paper, or have tiles and game pieces been added now?

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:13 AM
getting ready for summer

4.0 is pretty much based off of tiles and minis now. You can do without, but that would suck. I've been buying the minis for a few months now. Have a small little collection so far.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
So hopefully our new game (and correct) will be happening shortly. Also, for you CA residents and Viet, once the 4.0 online component comes out, we'll have to play that way as well. For now, go to the wizards site and get the free character builder. Pretty cool as you can just make a ton of guys and read all about the powers and what not.
Couldn't you have just said West Coasters? Singling me out makes me feel like such an outsider. Gosh! Oh, also, I was reading that Wizards of the Coast was having issues with the online content.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Random minis? Or can you choose what minis you want to buy?

Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Random minis? Or can you choose what minis you want to buy?
They're random if you buy them in the box. But I'm sure you can find minis that fit your characters at Hidden Fortress. Or Ebay.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
<-----THIS!

I'm not a fan of random minis. That shit can get expensive.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Hmm?

Here's a comment on D&D via The Consumerist:

Quote:
Semi-ironically, Chris posted to links to Gleemax, a service that Hasbro is giving up on because nobody wanted it, either.
For those of you who don't play D&D...
Why are you reading this thread?
Just kidding. I meant to say, for those of you who don't play D&D, the "annual membership" is for "Dungeons & Dragons Insider," (DDI) part of a 3-pronged intitative to get D&D players using Hasbro-operated online services:
First, they tried creating a social network (Gleemax) that was substandard by any definition of social network. That's already shut down.
Second, they took two print magazines (Dragon and Dungeon) online-only and merged them into DDI.
Third, they announced an online "virtual tabletop" for networked D&D-playing. That doesn't work yet.
So basically, this article is people complaining that Hasbro won't let them cancel their subscriptions to 2 online magazines.
Yep, that's Hasbro's big new revenue model: Online magazines for a hobby dominated by teenage boys.
When all this was announced at Gen Con last year, I told another player "I look forward to reading the Wall Street Journal on 'How Hasbro Killed Dungeons & Dragons" (which seemed to visibly started the Hasbro employee at the table with us).
Anyway, this is exactly the kind of runaround one should expect from Hasbro. They spent two years claiming they weren't working on a Fourth Edition of the D&D rules, then announced they had been working on a the major game show, instantly killing the sales of third-party products designed to be compatible with the Third Edition. In one swoop, they screwed with their customers and their semi-competitors.

Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 01-14-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 AM
<-----THIS!

Sounds about right with Hasbro in charge.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Hmm?

More comments regarding D&D's online content:

Quote:
The set of online tools and other benefits that were supposed to come with D&D Insider has an even more robust history, and I'm sure you're aware of that. But for anyone else curious....
The set of tools that was supposed to be available at the time 4th Edition launched included a character builder, character visualizer, dungeon builder, online game table and online magazines. Of all these utilities, only one was actually ready at launch: the magazines, and that's only because they were already doing it. This many months later, and only the character builder has been released, which makes Hasbro's runaround especially nefarious, because people have every reason to cancel their account, given this track record.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Hmm?

I've read through some of the 4.0 updates, and I don't know if I really care for them. They've changed a lot of things to make it more available to the general public.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

So where can I buy minis and what is the website to make my character?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 PM
getting ready for summer

4.0 just makes everything easier. For everyone involved.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:06 AM
<-----THIS!

So I picked up the starter set this weekend and got a headache from reading the rules. I have a feeling I may not ever actually play this.