Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > Podcasts > PodCaust

PodCaust The place to discuss past episodes of PodCaust. NEVAR 4GET!

View Poll Results: Thoughts?
Haim! 1 33.33%
Feldman! 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Oh........my
Old 05-11-2009, 08:29 AM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

And how.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:09 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Wheaton fucker.

Man that shit was funny.

Drinking for our entertainment dollar. Thanks Rob.

I'd appreciate the drink icon disclaimer. Or maybe have it be a vidge net?

(I have no idea how you maintain any focus at all at that point.)

Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-11-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

It wasn't 8 of those flying dog beers was it?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Oh man. Those are like bottled depth charges.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

haha, no. It was 2 of the Double Dogs and 6 Summits or so.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:21 AM
My wife's son

Definitely a Haim ep.

Equal parts "License to Drive" and the sweaty sax dude in "Lost Boys".
Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Right meow!

I'm saying it was straight Feldog from Dream A Little Dream.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
My wife's son

OH SHI...

...TIS ON.

Because there were bits of Meatballs 4 in there. So you may be right.

Also: Resident Evil is the definition of guilty pleasure. Any day I get a hangover, I see that movie. Because it is patently retarded, yet somehow I can't stop watching. Just like Deer Hunter. (just kidding)
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I just cannot get into Resident Evil at all. I want to enjoy it, and there are parts, but Milla just ruins all good will. Along with a retarded script.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Resident Evil for me works because I never really got into the games. I take it as a mindless action/infected flick that has a smoking hot chick fucking shit up...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
is fancy

But it's not even a good action movie, all Milla does is look confused and jump kicks things, it steals one of it's "best kills" from a far superior B movie and has nothing to do with Resident evil besides Umbrella and the virus. The fact that Romero wrote a script that is the entire game in script form but instead we got that piece of shit is what annoys me. Would Romero's script have worked? Who knows, but I'd rather watch that then what we got. And don't even get me started with the stupid fucking SUPER ALICE subplot. Weak sausage....
Old 05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
My wife's son

What redeems it to me is the commentary.

Most notably, the fact that Milla must be high. And that she telegraphs her own nudity at the ending, by shouting "TWATSHOT".

That's honesty I can get behind.

Sans the commentary: the badly handled dramatic farewell to the seemingly doomed computer whiz, who shouts in the greatest Shatnerian way, "JUST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"(where a better editor may have saved the shitshrieker's scene). Anderson can't even deliver a cliche correctly.

It is a "so bad it is good" movie.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:06 PM
is fancy

I don't buy it. The commentary, while sounding hilarious, doesn't make up for the shitty movie. There are some cool ideas in here, it's just so sloppy. I prefer the second one way more than this one. At least that one knew it was retarded.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:24 PM
My wife's son

I think you're giving Anderson too much credit.

He's the Ed Wood of modern genre properties. The intention is genuine, the execution makes you want to ram a can of Ajax down his throat.

I just wish he had left the original ending intact. It is much more fitting with his inane vision:

EXT. - UMBRELLA HEADQUARTERS - NIGHT

ALICE struts up to the glass facade of the building. She eyes the security guards at the front desk in the lobby.

INT. - LOBBY - ALSO NIGHT

The security guards, MARTY and EARL, look at the monitor block. In the bottom right corner screen is ALICE. They each look up.

EXT. - UMBRELLA HEADQUARTERS - STILL NIGHT

ALICE pulls out a ROCKET LAUNCHER from behind her. She pulls the trigger.

BOOM! A single missile ejects from the barrel. It splits into THREE MISSILES!

INT. - LOBBY - LUNAR CYCLE STILL IN EFFECT

MARTY and EARL are engulfed in dilating wombs of flame.

THE END.

See? It helps underline the whole point of the film: Paul Anderson is a well-paid, well-intentioned destroyer of IPs who executes every film with the same grace and care reserved for the inmates of Gitmo.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
is fancy

Except that he did a bangup job with Mortal Kombat. So maybe he needs to just make movies with no story at all. That way he can't fuck them up.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

I only liked Resident Evil for 2 things:

1) It was the film me and Sarah watched on our first "date" when she came over to my house

2) The ability to pause and zoom on Mila's twat shot.

That's all.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 PM
My wife's son

There is also the fact that you can't hold Kombat up to the same standard, as it was a shit game to begin with.

MK is about as sacred as tap water.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 PM
is fancy

Fine.

If I was to watch both of these movies with no knowledge of the games that spawned them, I'd still prefer MK. Why? Because it's a more entertaining movie. Milla is just devoid of any acting skills and I hate her in everything she's in. Except for Dazed and Confused. Because she doesnt' have more than like 5 lines.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
My wife's son

I dig 'em both for variations of the same reason.

And I'd agree on the point that I'd rather have seen Romero's take on the material, as Peesoshit Anderson crafted a generic action-horror movie.

I'd like to think that Romero would make the most of his budget, using practicals instead of dated post-fx. So I understand the hate to some degree.