Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Music

Music Cj used to love ICP, Rob used to love NKOTB. Who do you love?

Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Foo Fighters' The Colour and the Shape.

I vividly remember annoying the shit out of everyone in my house by having this album on a continuous loop for the entire summer when it came out.

Still their best album.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Fully agree.

I'm still jamming out to Last Tour on Earth.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

You really must love that albino pedo.

I mean, if he's good enough for Evan Rachel Wood, then...well, I have no idea. I guess that's nice, albeit strange.

I still dig the hell out of his Bowiesque departures on Mechanical Animals.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:56 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

He's one of my favorite performers ever. Portrait of an American Family is still one of the best Metal albums ever. Antichrist was fucking epic. Mech Animals is one of the most underrated albums ever. HolyWood was okay, and his last 2 have been kinda meh.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

One of the best concerts I've been to (back when Mechanical Animals was released). Hearing him in a smaller venue was pretty fucking amazing (hearing a crowd of about 2000 yell along to the chorus of "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)" is still one of the best moments of my show-going career). The man has one hell of a stage presence/thing for youngins.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-07-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

The Replacements-a-palooza at the moment.

Tim, Pleased to Meet Me, Hootenanny, and Let It Be. So much great throwback rock/punk on this tracks. Quick, tight, and a great many catchy songs.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Buttmonkey Harvester

southbayspike can rock until they dropsouthbayspike can rock until they dropsouthbayspike can rock until they drop

Tomahawk- Annonymous...
Mike Patton is the man... It took me a couple of listens to get used to it. I'm not used to hearing traditional Native American music in this way. Tis my culture, so I have a head for this kind of thing. The more I listen, the more I dig. If you are into "out there" shit. Then pick this up....

"What if you get scared half to death twice?"
Steven Wright
Old 01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
getting ready for summer

I'm a fan of Tomahawk. I've used a few of their songs on the casts. Good shit.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Buttmonkey Harvester

southbayspike can rock until they dropsouthbayspike can rock until they dropsouthbayspike can rock until they drop

Absolutely!!!! Their third album took traditional Native American chants and songs and made them METAL!!!!!! Too good.... I've also been listening to General Patton vs. The X-ecutioners. The album has ADHD IMO. Just the type of stuff I like. The more "out there" the better, for me.

Steven Wright
Old 01-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Wow, I'm going to have to look that one up tonight...That is the turntablist X-Ecutioners right?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Iggy & The Stooges' Raw Power.

Dirty, grimy, sadistic and seemingly stripped of any and all polish (not the sausage(although that is delicious)). Ahead of its time, as evidenced by the fact it was seen as a commercial failure back when it was first released (see, people had no taste back then too).

And next: Funhouse.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Buttmonkey Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG B View Post
Wow, I'm going to have to look that one up tonight...That is the turntablist X-Ecutioners right?
That's the one!!! Very good shit!!!

Steven Wright
Old 01-08-2009, 08:02 PM
getting ready for summer

I've never really been a fan of the X-Men. I was always partial to the Invisbl Skratch Piklz.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Please tell me you made that up.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:40 AM
getting ready for summer

Fuck no. The Skratch Piklz are the guys that inspired me to pick up my first set of turntables back in the day. Q-Bert is a fucking alien when it comes to skratching. The shit him, Mix Master Mike, and Yogafrog were doing was fucking the pimp shit.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

Skatch Piklz are dope, but I was always loyal to the local Beat Junkies...although QBert is fucking insane...love all the shit he did with Dan the Automator.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Back in my day, people made music usin' them things like guitars and drums and banging tambourines (not slang for anything living).

I'm the oldest man on this board. OOOOOoooold. Where's my Who: Live at Leeds record?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

The Who rules all.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Right meow!

And you're older than me?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG B View Post
Led Zepplin are dope, but I was always loyal to The Beatles...although David Bowie is fucking insane...love the shit he did with Queen.
Fixed for me.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.