Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Technology and other nerd stuff

Technology and other nerd stuff Are you a fan of tech? Do you have a cellphone attached to your hip? Maybe a bluetooth headset? Post about tech stuff here.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:24 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey
Default Looking for a good gaming/editing laptop - HELP ME HELP YOU

so yeah, like it says. I'm done with building full rigs for awhile and really need something much more portable. I'd like for the fucking thing to be able to play new games (my old rig is dyinggggg), be good for video editing, and to stream.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to go Alienware if only because they seem so overpriced with out the shit to back that up, and have been looking at some MSI lappys.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:25 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the...laptop-so-far/

I've read other reviews on that Dell, and it seems like the best without going nuts on price.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:03 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Price isn't a huge deal (obviously I want it under 2k) but this fucking thing needs to be able to hang with games and that dell can't even play XCOM2 on high settings.

Was looking at this beast:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2WC-000Y-001D0

My work wife has a version of this but 3 steps down and she really likes it.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

If you want to spend under 2K you can get damn near anything. I don't know why you'd even want a laptop if you can spend 2K. You can build a RIDICULOUS rig with that.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:30 AM
getting ready for summer

I don't want a rig anymore. I want portability. I'm sick of being tethered upstairs in a no air conditioned room. I want to sit on the couch, work on podcasts, video, and game.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:31 AM
getting ready for summer

I'm no longer trying to be on the cutting edge of PC shit, I just want something I can throw in my bag that can hang with games and shit.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Fleshlight King

Why not just hook it up to the TV via HDMI and have a nice lapboard?
Old 06-20-2017, 09:43 AM
getting ready for summer

uh, cause marriage? I can't be some shiftless bachelor (without a live in girlfriend) like you and make decisions that only affect me. *TOTESNOTJEALOUS* Trust me, I'd love to have my computer downstairs hooked up but Lesley has poopooed that.

I just want to be able to work on my projects while hanging out with her, and a laptop seems to be the best option.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:54 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

I'm in the same boat, but needing a desktop. I've heard good things about MSI for gaming, but that's about it.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Fleshlight King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
uh, cause marriage? I can't be some shiftless bachelor (without a live in girlfriend) like you and make decisions that only affect me. *TOTESNOTJEALOUS* Trust me, I'd love to have my computer downstairs hooked up but Lesley has poopooed that.

I just want to be able to work on my projects while hanging out with her, and a laptop seems to be the best option.
My computer is in a back room away from the living room. But I have air conditioning and a TV next to it I can also plug it into. Best of both worlds.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:06 PM
getting ready for summer

i just spent a lot of money on a ridiculous laptop. oh god.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:43 AM
getting ready for summer

ended up getting this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I hope it's worth it. got it with 12 months 0% financing and based on my calculations I should be able to pay it off in 4.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:03 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
ended up getting this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I hope it's worth it. got it with 12 months 0% financing and based on my calculations I should be able to pay it off in 4.

Is that a drone or a giant fidget spinner in the background?

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:16 AM
getting ready for summer

it's a cooling lap pad or some shit.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:12 PM
getting ready for summer

this fucking laptop is a goddamn BEAST.