Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Comics and Literature

Comics and Literature We're not the hugest comic nerds out there, but we have been known to read an issue of "Spider-Ham" from time to time.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas
Default TPBs and Omnibuses

I'm looking to pick up some more Marvel Omnibuses and TPBs.

Any suggestions?

Try to pick quality.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 AM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

This thread is gonna be quiet. You're the comic guy around here for the most part minus McMeat.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

God damn it.

I hear you guys talking about shit like Shadowrun and stuff. Hell, I figure you'd be good for some nerd crossover points.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Well yeah, but as for comics I haven't read a Marvel book except for Marvel Zombies in years. I've been going through The Goon at the moment. That is the goods. I just feel like I'm a goddamn moron when it comes to comics. I didn't used to be, but once a flood destroys like 10 long boxes and 5-6 shorts, you tend to give up. At least that's what happened to me.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Well yeah, but as for comics I haven't read a Marvel book except for Marvel Zombies in years. I've been going through The Goon at the moment. That is the goods. I just feel like I'm a goddamn moron when it comes to comics. I didn't used to be, but once a flood destroys like 10 long boxes and 5-6 shorts, you tend to give up. At least that's what happened to me.

Same happened to me and my opium.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

The only omnibus I have is Starman vol.1 (and it is pretty awesome stuff). Everything else is tradeback.

And the main titles of Marvel and DC are just not my bag (aside from the All-Star Superman trades).

The last ten TPBs I've bought were from either Image or Dark Horse. Sorry Anderson. About the opium anyway.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

I got a couple of hardcovers and TPBs over the weekend.

Batman R.I.P. - we hardly knew ye
Old 04-14-2009, 04:12 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Old hat: BK Vaughan-a-palooza. Finally ordered the Y: The Last Man trades.

Also: Jason Aaron's Scalped.

After Ex Machina, I hope for greatness (and seemingly will not be disappointed).
Old 04-18-2009, 05:04 PM
My wife's son

Finished Yorick's saga.

Obvious gushing praise in 3, 2, 1...

Fucking amazing. It is the best story that I've read in a long time. Sequential art or not.

I usually wax hyperbolic about most of the things that move through the cultural zeitgeist that are usually just okay or good.

But this was just far and away something extraordinary in the medium. Hell, any medium. And just absolutely stellar work by everyone involved.

*end obvious gushing praise*

On to Jason Aaron's Scalped. Definitely going to be a jarring change of pace.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

I picked up Essential Dazzler Vol. 2

Working out a price break on Secret Wars II Omnibus. Thinking about justifying my purchase by writing a giant piece for either AV, CHUD or Podcaust.

The site that begs more wins.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:02 AM
My wife's son

Isn't that at 100 right now?

Marvel...what the shit, fellas?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMeatbag View Post
Isn't that at 100 right now?

Marvel...what the shit, fellas?

Secret Wars Omnibus is 100 bucks. But, I've also got an upcoming 40% off dealie for Free Comic Book Day at my local comic shop.

The Secret Wars II Omnibus sports 48 issues to Secret Wars Omnibus's 16 issues.

The difference in price is

SECRET WARS OMNI: 100 bucks

SECRET WARS 2 OMNI: 62.99
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 PM
My wife's son

Still ridiculous for SW1.

(Not Shawn Wayans' name on In Living Color.)
Old 07-05-2009, 06:56 PM
My wife's son

Definitely check out Busiek's work on Conan.

Just picked up the first few trades over the weekend. Fucking fantastic blood/guts/swordsthroughtheface stuff.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:54 PM
My wife's son

EC Archives. One volume in, and I'm already making my "man of a thousand chins" face.

See:
Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
is ready for turkey

Awesome. Worth picking up?>
Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
yiff it and quit it

Shit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandasShit Dickface is a god amongst pandas

I wish the plural of omnibus was omnibi.

Also, really want that EC Archives collection. Sweet jesus.

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
*RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~
Old 07-22-2009, 02:00 PM
My wife's son

Absolutely. Some great stories within. I couldn't find the Tales from the Crypt one though, at least not a realistic price, so I picked up the SuspenStories and the Vault of Horror (going to start on that soon).

A bit pricey, but the restoration they did to these comics is pretty amazing.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Texan

Howard is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurtsHoward is so fucking epic it hurts

Russ is a young Nathan Lane?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:05 PM
My wife's son

I sure as shit hope not, sir.