Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 02-06-2018, 07:32 AM
where's the beef?

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Old 02-06-2018, 07:32 AM
where's the beef?

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

if you're gonna market your tone-deaf movie, this is the way to do it!
Old 02-06-2018, 07:56 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

It's a pretty terrible idea to make and release this movie in 2018 but, if I'm being honest, I really want to see it.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:19 AM
where's the beef?

same. I'm not outraged about this shit and I'll see it.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:29 AM
Doesn't need a Ferrari

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

OK, that trailer is fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 02-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Benis

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

I love how Old Man Willis is sleepwalking through the violation of his family.

Really shows he cares.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:43 PM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
Watched this last night. First hour or so? Completely fucking awesome. There is a great setup to the trip at the start (apparently quite different from the book this is adapted from), character work is well done, the eeriness ramps up quite nicely once they enter the forest and doesn't let up for some time.
  Spoiler: Minor spoilers 
Everything in the house/the nightmares they have and how they all are found the next morning is fucking awesome. Especially the dude found worshiping the wicker man witchcraft thing. Creepy as fuck dude.
However, found the movie got a little too cliched heading into the 3/4 mark and especially once
  Spoiler: spoilzz 
they get captured at the village
whichs starts off super duper creepy but quickly turns into your typical,
  Spoiler: POILZZ 
run-from-a-not-scary-CGI-monster
mess at the end with an underwhelming finish.

Overall though I'm definitely glad to have checked it out, the good still outweighed the bad for me even if it didn't deliver on its first hour promise. Oh, and there is a punch in this movie that is one of my new favorite cinematic punches.

Last edited by Trejo; 02-10-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:12 AM
where's the beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejo View Post
Watched this last night. First hour or so? Completely fucking awesome. There is a great setup to the trip at the start (apparently quite different from the book this is adapted from), character work is well done, the eeriness ramps up quite nicely once they enter the forest and doesn't let up for some time.
  Spoiler: Minor spoilers 
Everything in the house/the nightmares they have and how they all are found the next morning is fucking awesome. Especially the dude found worshiping the wicker man witchcraft thing. Creepy as fuck dude.
However, found the movie got a little too cliched heading into the 3/4 mark and especially once
  Spoiler: spoilzz 
they get captured at the village
whichs starts off super duper creepy but quickly turns into your typical,
  Spoiler: POILZZ 
run-from-a-not-scary-CGI-monster
mess at the end with an underwhelming finish.

Overall though I'm definitely glad to have checked it out, the good still outweighed the bad for me even if it didn't deliver on its first hour promise. Oh, and there is a punch in this movie that is one of my new favorite cinematic punches.
This wasn't a terrible movie (actually really dug the creature design) but this felt like it was 3 hours long. Way too little happening in the middle of the movie for me. I was pretty bored throughout. The last 30 mins made up for the boring middle.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I thought it was really good. I didn't notice any pacing issues. I really like how they incorporated the forest into the nightmares and thought the monster design was gross and awesome.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:14 PM
where's the beef?

Fassbender to star in full length Kung Fury movie.

why?
Old 02-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

INVEST IN YOUR MEME FUTURES BOYS
Old 02-12-2018, 09:56 PM
It's in the bone!

Trejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurtsTrejo is so fucking epic it hurts

Quote:

As a spoof trailer? INCREDIBLE
As a short film? Great for a while but then really outstays it's welcome
As a AAA feature film with studio brass intervention? Oh no..
Old 02-13-2018, 08:22 AM
where's the beef?

yeah, that 30 min short movie was really wearing by the end. That being said, I still love the shit out of that soundtrack.

But this was already done, and better. it's called Turbo Kid.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:42 AM
Shut up, crime!

Rob is correct. TURBO KID forever.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:07 AM
Benis

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Yikes.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:03 AM
where's the beef?

Old 02-15-2018, 06:11 PM
where's the beef?

Quote:
and now Ahnold is attached.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:54 AM
where's the beef?

Old 02-16-2018, 10:55 AM
where's the beef?

will totally check this out on netflix.