Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Technology and other nerd stuff

Technology and other nerd stuff Are you a fan of tech? Do you have a cellphone attached to your hip? Maybe a bluetooth headset? Post about tech stuff here.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I may, but at this point I don't care. I will have a new phone soon enough.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:33 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

So my iPhone has decided to shit the bed and even after wiping and restoring it's still not 100% so it's time to upgrade.

I've been thinking about pre-ordering that Samsung Galaxy S7. Anyone here have a Galaxy by chance? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
Old 02-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

You can do VR shit with the Galaxy so that's probably cool. I'm still drinking the Cupertino Kool Aid so I can't say for sure.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:25 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Which is the only reason I want one. I realize I don't do all that much with my phone except check Facebook,tumblr,and email. I don't really game on it or do anything like that.

But for 100 bucks I can get a mask that allows me to slip a samsung in and have "VR" lite stuff? sign me up.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:21 PM
is fancy

well Lesley and I caved and ordered 2 Galaxy S7 Edge's along with the free VR helmet and 6 free games.

phones should hopefully be here by the end of next week and the VR shit ships in 4-6 weeks (which is lame, but still it's free so whatevs)

excited for a new phone
Old 03-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

You guys are going to do Lawnmower Man relations, aren't you?
Old 03-06-2016, 06:21 AM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

It's what The Fahey would do, Grave, so, yeah. Rerb and Lesley are gonna merge their pixels and stuff. Though I think it'll be Rob who's left like a giggling maniac, like Marnie was.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:48 AM
is fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
You guys are going to do Lawnmower Man relations, aren't you?
yes.

Also reviews are starting to hit
and it sounds like I didn't make a huge mistake by jumping off of the apple ship.

Gizmodo review
Old 03-15-2016, 09:02 AM
is fancy

this S7 edge is fucking AWESOME. SWANKYYYYYYYYYASFUCKKKKKK
Old 03-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Shut up, crime!

Is that the one that's waterproof? You know, for shower videos and such?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:11 AM
is fancy

apparently yeah. Good to know if I ever drop it in the toilet I will only need to get rid of it because it's forever unclean and not busted.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:03 AM
is fancy

I fucking love this phone. So goddamn much. I forgot how editable androids are. Even without rooting it.

This screen is AWESOME.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:18 AM
is fancy

So I just installed a new plug in for the forum called Tapatalk. You can get the app if you want an easy way to reply on your phone. If any of you use this and run into issues or whatever let me know and I'll disable it. I'm gonna testbthis for a bit. I guess it'll do push notifications and shit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Shut up, crime!

Is anyone else with an iPhone running 9.3.2 having problems with Siri and dictation for texts? I know my mic is working but there's no voice recognition on those two services. Like, the wavelength thing stays flatlined like the mic isn't picking up anything. It's definitely a software issue but I can't find any workaround for the text dictation. I don't really care about Siri.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I've actually never used it. Is it any good? I am all about that Gboard though.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Shut up, crime!

Siri is useless but the text dictation is nice while you're driving. What's this Gboard, now?
Old 05-27-2016, 12:48 PM
Fleshlight King

Google's keyboard replacement. Fast and snappy. Awesome input of gifs and such. The text prediction and correction is light years better than Apple or Swiftkey. And the embedding Gooogle searches (maps for example) right from the text box is wonderful.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Shut up, crime!

Whoa, I'm gonna check that out!
Old 06-15-2017, 09:17 AM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Picked up a Sasmsung S8 yesterday. Screen is bonkers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 10:00 AM
is fancy

fucking love my s7. it's a great phone.