Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 07-31-2017, 08:54 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Had been hearing rumblings and I see Phil at BMD pulled the trigger.

The Broccolis are seriously talking about pulling a Lucas - selling off the Bond rights and calling it a day. After this next film for 2019. And while a lot of big-wig studios want it badly, know who wants it the worst? You guessed it. Warner Brothers.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Word is Bright is another do-do grenade from Max Landis.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

He'll continue his career ascent via failure.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Kinda fascinating to see the Terminator filmmakers refuse to listen to audiences saying, "ENOUGH!" and insisting on yet another one. As if Cameron slapping his name on it will mean anything in lieu of his "endorsement" of Genisys.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:18 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I still like parts of Genisys.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:26 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

so do I, Rob. It's too bad that those 'good' moments weren't in service of a better movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 09-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Me too, and there are things about Salvation I like. And Terminator 3? That works by and large, save for the villain.

But I don't see what else they can say or do at this juncture. Based on the comments so far, my guess is Arnold plays a human and John Connor is dead when it starts.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:32 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

I'm genuinely curious as to what you guys found interesting or enjoyable about Genisys?
Old 09-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Not Arnold. He didn't work. At all.

In fact, Genisys took the wrong lesson from Salvation's failure by over-relying on his presence when, in fact, he is too old for this.

They were wise with Salvation to try and steer away from Arnold (where T3 successfully steered away from Cameron). Get someone else to be the "face" of the series, and Bale was perfectly fine as Connor. The execution was sloppy as fuck - partially because McG blew it and partially because it was a strike shoot.

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 09-27-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:36 PM
My wife's son

He was already too far gone in the third installment to really matter. He was a parody at that point.

I think that was one of the strongest things going for Salvation in moving past him...and then they just had to fucking mocap him.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:40 PM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

What I liked:
- I liked the idea of old Terminator vs young (original) Terminator, and the concept of revisiting the original film in that manner struck me as being pretty clever. It was also executed well enough for me to be a decent bit of science fiction.
- God help me, I like Jai in this. I normally find him bland as hell but he worked for me in this film. I can't say the same about Emilia.
- JK Simmons was good. I liked the character and hoped that he'd have more to do.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 09-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Simmons was the MVP of Genisys, and yeah Courtney was fine.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:54 PM
My wife's son

I can see the appeal of the aforementioned aspects, especially Simmons.

The rest just left a rather bitter aftertaste to me.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:58 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Genisys' biggest sin was worshiping T2 at the alter. Ironic given how it wiped it from continuity. That and all the callbacks, all the fan-service bullshit. And as mentioned before Arnold in general.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...edium=referral
Old 09-27-2017, 11:33 PM
Here for laughs

Ingrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurtsIngrid is so fucking epic it hurts

Well, Jamie, I think your avatar pretty much sums up how I feel about that one.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:41 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

To cap a wacky day, the plot details from the Ron Howard redo for Han Solo leaked.

The woke people are going to be maaaaadddd.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 09-30-2017, 10:40 PM

Share!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2017, 09:57 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

I'm just going to copy and paste in what's been going around.

Spoiler: Ron Howard redux Spoilers 

Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) and his father figure (Yondu/Quill dynamic)/leader Beckett (Woody Harrelson) live on Corellia, and are part of the street-racing scene there. Their 'crew' consists of Kira (Emilia Clarke) and a number of others, and the film essentially opens on Han Solo, already mostly-formed as who we know him to be: roguish, impetuous, arrogant-with-a-heart-of-gold (Cue collective sigh of relief for those worried that we'd "learn his name" or "demystify his childhood".), in the midst of or leading up to a speeder/swoop race. This establishes Han as an ace racer/pilot. The cops crack down on them (Han: 'I would have won if the cops hadn't shown up!') and he and Beckett are taken in (they're probably regulars down at the local lock up) -- likely on first name basis with all the officers and captains -- perhaps even friendly with some of them.

"Basically, the officer who comes down on them and sits down across the interrogation table from Han and Beckett explains that 'this isn't one of their usual crack-downs on their street-racing' - the two of them have been brought in for a far more important and grave reason. The officer (perhaps Paul Bettany, though more on what his role might be later) explains that there are rumblings of an Imperial Invasion and occupation, And that, more than ever, they need experienced pilots and street-smart young men ('and uh, experienced leaders too', nodding at Beckett) to join the City Guard, to be ready for what comes next. In Han (and Beckett) fashion, he explains that he doesn't believe in indoctrinating themselves to any chain of command, and that Corellia is just his home, not his homeland (again, preserving his mystery). The officer gravely says that 'wether with us or with them (the empire) when they invade...if they win...that's an attitude that's gonna have to change.' Han furrows his brow, and looks to a knowing and wary glance from Beckett." We do a time jump, or we simply shift scenes, To Han and Beckett as Imperials (this explains Han's kinship with Finn in The Force Awakens: he was also a former soldier who went AWOL). They've adjusted to their lot in life (idea: Han likes the Empire's boots and remarks to Beckett that 'hey, at least these clowns have nice boots', which explains why he wears them all the way through TFA), joke here and there about the old days, and Han is hired on Cargo Freighter Pilot Duty - this establishes his familiarity with Corellian Cargo Ships, like a certain hunk of junk we'll meet for the first time a bit later... During an average day serving in the Corellian Imperial City Guard, Han and Beckett are asked to execute an inhumane order (Jason from MSW: one second they're in these imperial outfits, the next scene they're being dragged through the mud). They're made an example of to the entire platoon -- possibly due to the fact that they refused to carry out an order issued by Vader himself (off-screen) - possibly something about not killing a family suspected of rebel affiliation -- And, you guessed it, they are sent to the Spice Mines of Kessel. Here, it's a harsh life - Han's bravado and sarcastic demeanour is put to the test (Deadpool style, how his captors basically suck the sarcasm and attitude from him), and it is here that he finds out that a sizeable percentage of the hard-labour force is made up of enslaved Wookiee Families. Han and Beckett hatch a plan to escape, but Han confronts Beckett about what they're going to do about the Wookiees? Beckett snaps at him, saying that they've only ever worried about themselves, and that's kept them alive so far. The two have a spat, Causing a scene and, tragically/bittersweetly, this results in Beckett being beaten up in front of Han and Chewbacca and his family - it turns out Beckett was feigning selfishness to cause a distraction, so that Han, Chewie and his family can escape (think of the (GoT Spoliers) Halfhand vs. Jon 'fake fight'). Han looks over his shoulder, sees Beckett give him a reassuring smirk, before he is executed in front of the miner force and staff. This causes a riot, and this is where Han and Chewie make a run for it. Han and Chewie's family escape on board a YT model Corellian freighter - with blue markings - and they make it to a distant port. Here, they meet Lando (Donald Glover), who is (potentially) 'the administrator of this facility' - and immediately a friendly rivalry develops between he and Han.

Lando says 'nice pilot Skills, but you happen to be on my property, and you are not an authorised guest. Not to mention that that ship, along with all the mining equipment on Kessel, is my property' - they argue, and we might potentially see Lobot (Bettany ?) restrain Han from attacking Lando.

Han apologises to Chewie's and his family - for getting out of one prison, only to end up in another one. Here is where the Life debt scene happens - Essentially Han picked up some Wookiee speech while working in the mines, and he understands that Chewie had pledged a life debt to him - no matter how many prisons they end up in together. Han promises once this is over, he will return his Wookiees to their planet - and that's when he gets an idea! He asks to speak to Lando - you can have my ship, if you negotiate with the Spice Mines to free the Wookiees. Lando refuses, and instead decides that if he beats him at Sabacc, the 'traditional way' of dealing with these sorts of situations, then he'll consider his idea. Edit: enter Kira, who has been prospering since the invasion, using her street-smarts, wits and looks to find her way to either being a business partner of Lando, part of his entourage, or having influence over him in some way. Han beats Lando, keeps his ship, and with the help of the Wookiees (Edit: and Kira) 'kindly' asks Lando to help him with his plan.

They rig the Falcon to go extremely fast, and basically a plan is hatched and executed where Lando is enticed with promises of climbing the ladder and getting into a cleaner business than Spice (hello? Tibanna gas?) - use all the mined ore from Kessel to buy himself out of this situation... ...he pledges his transport ships to Han's Wookiee-freeing/Mine-destroying/Beckett-avenging plan, and essentially he sneaks in looking like your average slow YT cruiser, some awesome sleuthy-plan stuff goes down, and the Kessel Run ends up being Han being chased in the Millennium Falcon through the Kessel Run...not traditionally running it competitively. It's not made a big deal of, nor is it named as such in the film - it just is what it is. Han frees the Wookiees, brings them all back to their planet, and (edit - speculation) Chewie is the one who names the Falcon, after some Kashyyyk local legend of a prophesied Falcon that appears only once every millennium to save the Wookiees from certain doom After this ceremony (where Han is kind of made an honorary Wookiee, Nyaw) The closing scene is Chewie waving to his family on Kashyyyk, Saying that he has a promise to keep

Have fun with all that. By the way...cough cough...verified.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 10-01-2017, 10:31 AM

Huh. Well, if that's the plot and it's executed correctly, it could be good. It reads rather generically but again...it could end up being good.

I just wish they'd done the Brian Daley Han Solo books. Those would have been perfect.
Quote:
Quote: