Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Random shit

Random shit Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:48 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

We have one barn cat who we thought got taken by a coyote because we haven't seen her in two months. She magically reappeared today! She was hungry as hell but overall looked pretty healthy. I'd love to know what she was doing while she was on her adventure. Whatever it was, she was VERY happy to be back.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Does somebody need a hug?

JLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy Blanks

So, last week I took Stitch to the vet and when she palpated his stomach, she felt a couple of lumps. She asked me if I wanted to do a sonogram on him. I told her I had to consult with Tim before I did anything.

Well, I asked Tim and he said to go for it. So, I called the vet and scheduled an appointment for this past Monday. He had the sonogram (and had to have his belly shaved for it) and the results came back no cancer. The vet then advised blood work, the appointment for which was made for Tuesday afternoon.

I got the results of the blood work back this morning and it seems Stitch is diabetic. I have to take him to get insulin and learn how to administer it to him. However, our vet is on vacation until Monday and this can't wait until then. So, I had the vet's office expedite making an appointment with a vet hospital in Robbinsville, so he could get started asap. I'm taking him tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Doesn't need a Ferrari

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

oh wow. Good luck, Jen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 02-08-2018, 06:07 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Thanks for the well-wishes, Matt! We're hoping he'll pull out of this and stick around for a couple more years - he and his brother Patch are both 15 years old, so they're little old men now.

Yeah, poor lil' guy has gotten noticeably thinner over the past few months, almost bony, and he inhales his water twice a day. He's the most chill cat ever and my heart goes out to him 'cause I know he's not feeling good.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:15 PM

JLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy BlanksJLynnCarr is almost as cool as Billy Blanks

Thanks, guys!

He's cuddled next to me on the couch right now.

By the way, the vet said that the lumps she felt were most likely poop in his bowel tract. It's just because he's so skinny that she felt them.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Well, it's official...Stitch is a diabetic and on insulin. Have to give him 2 shots a day 12 hours apart. This means I have to adjust both cats' feeding schedule and how they're fed. I also get to teach Tim how to fill a syringe and administer the insulin.

Craziest thing about this is that the insulin is the same as the human one and purchased in a regular pharmacy, rather than the vet's office. I also had to purchase syringes and a sharps disposal container. At least I know where to go to exchange the sharps container.