Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:09 AM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

THE BABYSITTER- I thought this was a lot of fun with some ridiculous gore. Is this the only thing McG has done in like a decade?
Old 10-17-2017, 07:12 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Creep based on grave's recommendation.

Not bad but super boring for the first 40 mins or so. It was hard for me to shake Duplass's character from The League for the first half, but by mid way through it worked. Dug the ending too. That shit worked really well.

War for the Planet of the Apes - Dug the FUCK outta this one. Holy shit, it was soo good. Woody was fanfuckingtastic. The CGI in these are getting out of fucking control.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:21 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Creep owns. Can't wait for the sequel.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:30 AM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Blade Runner 2049.

In bridging the ironies of the role of replicants and humans of the first film, K’s story I saw as being much more compelling here than Deckard’s realization of the humanity inherent in his quarry. Wrapping it all up in a mystery will do that, and adding on the aspects of K’s self-deception culminated in something quite heartbreaking.

While some aspects of the plot do feel cliched, they’re handled well enough to bring something interesting to the story and the world feels like a natural progression from the one that was already going to hell in the original.

Everybody in this is very good in their role, with special mentions for Sylvia Hoek’s character Luv, Drax, and the dream doctor lady whose name escapes me at the moment. Even Harrison tries!

But one thing that just drags on and on is the monologues of one Jared “I’M AN ACTOR” Leto as the Tyrell of current year. While on paper his character could be interesting, especially his reasons for doing what he does, but in the hands of Leto it all falls flat. And that sucks a lot of the wind out of what could be a devastating moment in the third act. But with the delivery, it really falls apart.

All in all, it’s better than what I had expected to get though there are some rough edges to it.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Prince of the City.

Lost in the shuffle in Sidney Lumet's legacy mostly because of how vast and impressive his filmography is. For a two hour and forty minute film about the moral grey area of police corruption... I kinda could have used an extra twenty minutes, give or take. A few details needed fleshing out.

But otherwise an excellent, sprawling piece of work with a great center performance by Treat Williams. Not entirely sure how you feel about the guy and whether he should have just kept his mouth shut and let these good (but flawed) cops keep doing their jobs.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:21 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Decided to watch Split again. Man, this movie works on all fucking levels for me. Easily one of my favorite to come out in the last 5 years. I am AMPED for Glass. McAvoy's range during his awakening is still one of my favorite scenes.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:40 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Jimmy Mac has become one of those actors that I'll watch even if the movie turns out to be a dud.

I'm lookin' at you, Victor Frankenstein.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:43 PM
is fancy

Victor was worth it because of him. Then it sucks when he sleepwalks through something like Apocalypse.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:45 PM
My wife's son

His Professor X is pretty solid, even in that joke of a movie.

It's a shame he was pushed to the side to make way for the greatest actress on Earth.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:03 PM
is fancy

I suppose you're right. He was just such a non entity in Apoc in such an overstuffed and oversilly film that I just lump him in with the rest of the junk.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:35 PM
My wife's son

He shaved his head FOR THAT SHIT!

Dedicated son of a bitch.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:35 PM
is fancy

That whole movie was just an excuse to show him bald. IT's so goddamn bad.