Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > Podcasts > Brain Dead Radio

Brain Dead Radio The new show from Rob and Ceej. Tune in and turn off your brain.

View Poll Results: Thoughts?
Above The Rock 1 33.33%
Below The Rock 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

And I just reviewed on iTunes. Hopefully it goes through this time.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

I was just happy the show trimmed down to less than 2 hours. Not that you guys can't fill the time but finding 2 hours uninterrupted with my kids and wife around is nigh impossible.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
I was just happy the show trimmed down to less than 2 hours. Not that you guys can't fill the time but finding 2 hours uninterrupted with my kids and wife around is nigh impossible.
you and me both man. When we hit 2 hour shows it's almost impossible to break them in half and it's an all day editing sessions.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 PM
RIP Ferg

B_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandasB_Metal is a god amongst pandas

Yeah I could see editing that much would be an ass-load of time committed.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:50 PM
is ready for turkey

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I cut out about 30 mins of shit from this episode.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Elitist

patronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Bartypatronsaintofcheeseburgers is almost as cool as Billy Barty

I actually enjoy the longer shows...feels like I'm getting more bang for my buck. And I rarely listen to the entire show in one sitting, I get distracted like every 15-30 mins. I need breaks. The long rambling episodes are my favorite...I vote to keep in all the shit.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 PM
RIP Ferg

You're vote is a hanging chad. You're not really having to find time to listen to them since you take breaks. If I take a break I lose the flow of the show. I vote they mix some long and shorts. If the material is there for two hours then run it, if not, then run a shorter show.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
is ready for turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG B View Post
I actually enjoy the longer shows...feels like I'm getting more bang for my buck. And I rarely listen to the entire show in one sitting, I get distracted like every 15-30 mins. I need breaks. The long rambling episodes are my favorite...I vote to keep in all the shit.
The rambling ones are my favorite (glad I'm not the only one), but we don't consciously set out to make a super long episode or a super short one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
You're vote is a hanging chad. You're not really having to find time to listen to them since you take breaks. If I take a break I lose the flow of the show. I vote they mix some long and shorts. If the material is there for two hours then run it, if not, then run a shorter show.
And that's another reason why I don't end up splitting up the long shows, ruins the flow. And that's pretty much what we end up doing. If we get to even 30 mins and it seems like it's going nowhere we can the show.

And yeah, we'll never go over 2.5 hours (unless it's a fucking crazy episode) and we'll never go under 30 mins. an hour seems just about right.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

If the shows run 2 hours, why not just cut them into two shows?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Elitist

The 2 hours shows are legit, why cut them in half?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Hmm?

nerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurtsnerdious dorkus is so fucking epic it hurts

Too long. It's hard to find time in the day to commit to two hours of nonsense. Unless you're listening while playing video games that don't require your full attention.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:53 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

The two hour shows are fine. If the episode runs that long, it runs.

And it's called listening to it while at work Nerdious.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdHocken View Post
The two hour shows are fine. If the episode runs that long, it runs.

And it's called listening to it while at work Nerdious.
Wow! Thanks, Ed! I didn't think about that! Your intelligence is greater than mine. I'll take that into consideration.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:00 PM
is not Montel Williams

Ed Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurtsEd Hocken is so fucking epic it hurts

Do look into it, will you.

Now get out of my office!

*slams door*
Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Hmm?

Ed, you make me want to smash my fucking head against the wall.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:13 PM
is not Montel Williams

By all means,

But if you do plan on doing that. Please notify janitorial, those blood and gray matter stains are a real bitch to get out of the wall paper.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:31 PM
is ready for turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
If the shows run 2 hours, why not just cut them into two shows?
It kills the flow and we tend to reference shit throughout the episode.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:53 PM
is ready for turkey

Also I was just listening to this episode and I'll have to try to remember to call Ceej out on "Moon was kind of a long movie". I must not have heard that when he said it on the cast because I would have been all like "WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD WATCH THINGS OTHER THAN 21 MINUTE EPISODES OF FAMILY TIES" as the movie is under 100 mins long.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:12 PM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Ceej needs to sit down and allow me to force feed him TCM for a weekend.

Goddamn the anti-black & white film mentality.

Also, while I'm here, I had a wonderful time with episode 10. Great success fellas.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
is not Montel Williams

Moon was too long? Get the fuck out of here!

Not to mention Ceej ought to spend less time getting all pissy about what other people ordering. Jesus, it's as if the "Eat It" incident transfered over to other actions. Kind of like what goes on in Big Fan.

And speaking of Big Fan, I see what you did there.