View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Malfunctioning Host

IggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandasIggytheBorg is a god amongst pandas

Finished David Moody's Fourth & final "Autumn" book, "The Human Condition." This is a series of zombie novels. My brother, who discovered them & passed them on to me, says they're his favorite series. I don't think I'd go that far (I still like "The Rising" & "City of the Dead" better, personally), but they are very good.

This volume is kind of like Brian Keene's "Select Scenes" books are, gather (I haven't had the chance to read those yet, but I presume they're similar). They focus on characters that are new to or just barely mentioned in the previous 3 volumes, for the most part (although some of the more important characters do make an appearance or two). One of them is a zombie mentioned in the last book, and she's featured in several chapters, chronicling her journey through the plague from beginning to end. An enjoyable concept, well executed. There's something smooth and flowing about the way Moody writes. He captures emotional states very well, also. I wrote on the other site that I read his book "Straight to You", and the depressing tone of that book affeceted me for days. He's a powerful writer when he wants to be, but never in an overblown, self important way. As with all the other "Autumn" books, I recommend this one.

Further, as noted above I started Mehitobel Wilson's short story collection "Dangerous Red" yesterday. If the first story, "Tools of the Trade" is any indication, this is gonna be a very good book. More when it's finished.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.